Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:27 PM

fan kik on immmedtly when i pawor on the amp

#2 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:57 AM

Press all 3 buttons down at the same time for 3 seconds.  You will see the display show some diagnostics.  Then press NEXT until you see the FAN setting.  I think it must be FAN ON for you.  To turn the fan setting from ON back to LOW or HIGH temperature sensing, press the ENTER button and turn the amp off then on and hold the button for about 10 seconds after it powers up.

To change the fan between LOW and HIGH temp sensing, press the NEXT button and turn the amp off then on and hold the button for about 10 seconds after it powers up.

#3 mando

mando
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE(Kevin Heber @ Jan 16 2010, 12:57 PM) View Post
Press all 3 buttons down at the same time for 3 seconds.  You will see the display show some diagnostics.  Then press NEXT until you see the FAN setting.  I think it must be FAN ON for you.  To turn the fan setting from ON back to LOW or HIGH temperature sensing, press the ENTER button and turn the amp off then on and hold the button for about 10 seconds after it powers up.

To change the fan between LOW and HIGH temp sensing, press the NEXT button and turn the amp off then on and hold the button for about 10 seconds after it powers up.

thanx for the  helpe kevin  it work perfect  thanx alot

#4 AC4AQ

AC4AQ
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

I had an early XTi2000 on my bench today, customer said "fan doesn't work". It took less than five minutes to identify that it needed the software correction but it took an hour to get CLoader V.2.19 installed and reload the firmware, then another two hours to install System Architect, debug it and update the amp software. Then, knowing I can best prevent a recall by setting the fan to the Hi programmed mode, it took another 90 minutes to find out how by stumbling upon the above text, by looking at every XTi2000 post, one by one.

The primary time-waster was the restriction on the Crown Forum search engine, which won't allow you to search for 3-character strings, such as "XTi" or "fan". Here's hoping to not spend five hours doing a fifteen minute job next time.

jHh