• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JAZTINCLAIRE

JAZTINCLAIRE
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 09:54 AM

SIR,

how can i install 2 pcs USM810 to one IBM PC?

we have :

2 pcs USM810
1 ethernet swith
16 cts 600 amplifier

it is possible that i can control those 2 USM810 at the same time.

thank you very much...

note:  thank you for fast reponding on my last problem about my system.
        i just download the new version of IQWIC and now its working GOOD.
        MORE POWER!!!!

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 10:48 AM

You can connect the two USM-810 units together with their IQ Bus Loop jacks on the back of the units. The USM-810 was a pre TCP/IQ Ethernet control system device and used a 20-ma Current Loop we called the IQ Bus Loop.
*Using two Cat5 cables go from the IQ Bus output of the first unit to the IQ Bus input of the second and then jumper from the IQ Bus Loop output of the second to the IQ Bus Loop input of the first making a loop. (Do not connect the IQ Bus Loop RJ-45 jacks to a network Switch)
*Connect the computer to the first unit with an RS-232 modem cable. (not a null-modem cable)
*Set each unit to a different IQ Address.
*Start the IQ for Windows software only the first unit will show up on the workplace screen.
*Open the control panel for the first unit and in the “General” control panel tab select the “Interface” switch. This makes the first unit an 20 ma current loop interface as well.
*Close the software and restart. Both units should now show up on the Workplace screen.

If you are going to run IQ Gateway with IQwic to have the Current Loop devices on the same IQwic control screens:

*Shut off IQ for Windows open IQ Gateway and after it has completed roll call, and disappeared into the Windows Tool Tray, open IQwic and everything should show up on one control screen.

#3 JAZTINCLAIRE

JAZTINCLAIRE
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 04:34 AM

HI! SIR,

thank you very much for the technical support, everything is working good smile.gif .
but now, i have another question;
i need to install 12 mics , 1 cd player, 1 tape deck in to 2pcs of IQUSM
With different room or amplifier.

can i feed the signal from IQ USM 1 to IQ USM 2, or vice versa?
can i install an fx processor that work in 2 iq usm?

i hope you can help me
thank you and GOD BLESS
MORE POWER

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE(JAZTINCLAIRE @ Apr 14 2005, 04:34 AM)
HI! SIR,

thank you very much for the technical support, everything is working good smile.gif .
but now, i have another question;
i need to install 12 mics , 1 cd player, 1 tape deck in to 2pcs of IQUSM
With different room or amplifier.

can i feed the signal from IQ USM 1 to IQ USM 2, or vice versa?
can i install an fx processor that work in 2 iq usm?

i hope you can help me
thank you and GOD BLESS
MORE POWER
View Post

Just like you would with any mixer, you can run the analog audio from the outputs of one USM-810 to the inputs of a second USM-810 and vice versa (as long as you don't make a feed back loop). However you are already using all of the available 16 inputs of two USM-810s. (12+1+1+2=16) The IQ loop bus is only for monitor and control it cannot transfer audio.

If you are looking to do this back and forth sharing of audio between devices in different areas I would recommend using the BSS PS-8810C. It is the big brother to the USM-810 and also uses CobraNet audio. Unlike the USM-810 the PS-8810C uses an Ethernet Network to link boxes. Not only is control and monitoring done over the Ethernet Network but real time audio can be as well. 16 channels of CobraNet audio can be brought into a PS8810C that are not using any of the analog inputs.

As for an FX processor neither of the units have provisions for a Loop out and in connections like on a mixing board for inserting an FX Processor.