• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ENT

ENT
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 08:55 AM

hello!

how can i integrate digital I/O formats like AES/EBU into the IQ bus architecture? the IQ-USM 810 digital Mixer only accepts analog inputs. i want to avoid D/A conversion that would be necessary to feed this Mixer. what can i do?

Tobi

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 10:04 AM

We never developed a way for the USM-810 to receive digital input.

You could however use it's sister product the BSS PS-88810C. The PS-8810C has a digital CobraNet input module. Using a third party AES/EBU to CobraNet device you could convert the AES/EBU digital audio to Cobranet Digital Audio and send it to the PS-8810C for processing.

I have worked on several installs and one major touring system were this has been done.

#3 ENT

ENT
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 02:57 AM

first of all thanks for the quick reply!

another question:

using the BSS P8810 with CobraNet, can i rename the input channels (they are labelled for a 7.1 setup) for my demands, so that the BSS product is a equivalent alternative for the  USM-810?

thanks in advance,

tobi

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE(ENT @ Apr 5 2005, 02:57 AM)
first of all thanks for the quick reply!

another question:

using the BSS P8810 with CobraNet, can i rename the input channels (they are labelled for a 7.1 setup) for my demands, so that the BSS product is a equivalent alternative for the  USM-810?

thanks in advance,

tobi
View Post

I think I may need a little more clarification on your request, as there isn’t a way or a place to label the inputs in the PS-8810 nor was there in the USM-810.  huh.gif

If you are talking about labels for custom control objects on a control screen of a saved file-than you can go into Edit mode right-click the object and select “Edit Object Appearance” and change the name.

#5 ENT

ENT
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 09:55 AM

i want to label the inputs on a control screen. so, my question has been answered.........

thank you very much,

tobi biggrin.gif