TLC compressor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 paultucci

paultucci
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 07:36 PM

While building control pages for an ITech powered system with IQWIC I notice that a TLC compressor shows up in the pull down menus of object linking, but NOT on the amplifier icon when it is opened up?  Is it hidden somewhere I don't see yet?

PT

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:50 AM

This would be what we would call a DTT (Don't Touch That).  ohmy.gif
This is one of those hidden control features  rolleyes.gif  that just so happens to be an integral part of the amplifier protection system. If this is adjusted it can mess up the amplifierís thermal protection. At this point we recommend that if itís not part of the software GUI that you donít make custom controls for it.  smile.gif

#3 paultucci

paultucci
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Mar 30 2005, 10:50 AM)
This would be what we would call a DTT (Don't Touch That).  ohmy.gif
This is one of those hidden control features  rolleyes.gif  that just so happens to be an integral part of the amplifier protection system. If this is adjusted it can mess up the amplifierís thermal protection. At this point we recommend that if itís not part of the software GUI that you donít make custom controls for it.  smile.gif
View Post

David,

Thanks. Seems like you could do a better job of hiding the TLC controls if'n you don't want us to have access to it. smile.gif

PT

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 08:35 AM

I have talked to the head engineer on the I-Tech project and we are all in agreement. However at the moment there are technology limitations so when you open the door for advanced controls you "OPEN" the door. Think of it as a closet full of clothes when you open the closet you have access to all of them not just certain pieces. We have been aware of this and have been looking into ways to address it. Sometime what we want is ahead of what technology can provide but technology eventually catches up.