#1 magnusdogster

magnusdogster

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 02:17 PM

Hi all,

I have a big problem with bandmanager and system architect failing to recognise my xti4000. At the moment i only have the one xti so i cannot do any side-by-side tests.

I had tried all of the usual fixes, checking drivers, leads, connections etc etc and i already had firmware above the minimum. As a longshot i thought i would try and run a firmware upgrade, and to my total surprise the firmware software was able to communicate perfectly with the xti and performed a flawless installation. the xti rebooted and has since worked as it should. At the time i believed that any software glitches that could have been present with the older firmware would now be solved.

I now have firmware version 1.1.5.6 on the xti4000 and i am using Band Manager 1.00.1 to connect. I had originally used a cleanly installed XP machine with SP2, and after a couple of frustrating months i have just gone through the whole process again with a new machine running Vista Home Premium (obviously both machines had .net 3.5 installed and any other additional software that the programs required to run) to have exactly the same issue!

I have read through 'all' of the postings on this forum regarding this issue, i even tried disabling my wireless networks and having an ethernet connection running as per the fix for the earlier versions of Band Manager - but absolutely nothing will get the software and hardware to work properly.

These are the 3 common errors showing in the Band Manager error logs when trying to detect the device:
(vnd=4624,prd=2048)=31[MsgRcvFromDeviceErrorHandler]Closing Device(node=1).
(vnd=4624,prd=2048)=-4[MsgSendToDeviceErrorHandler]
(vnd=4624,prd=2048)=31[DeviceListChangedHandler.m_oHIDClient.OpenDevice]

I see from other posts regarding this issue that a batch of xti's have had the same problem. The serial number on mine is 8001406642 and the date is 06/25/2007 - if this helps to identify.

I would really like to get this working because it is an expensive piece of kit, and this is the difference between me buying more of your equipment in future or avoiding it like the plague.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Magnus

#2 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:37 PM

In System Architect, if you go to Options/Manage Connections, are there devices listed in the USB box in the upper right?   If not, use Add Connection to add them.

Also make sure your Network Active status is green in the lower left of the main screen.

#3 magnusdogster

magnusdogster

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE(Kevin Heber @ Oct 14 2009, 07:37 PM) View Post
In System Architect, if you go to Options/Manage Connections, are there devices listed in the USB box in the upper right?   If not, use Add Connection to add them.

Also make sure your Network Active status is green in the lower left of the main screen.

Hi Kevin,

I have gone into the options as described and the USB device is listed. I went through both entries removing them and adding them again and still had no joy.

The Sys Architect is online but regardless of whatever i did in the 'options' section there was no change - User:Admin   Devices:0   Online:0   Offline:0

So, as an ex IT tech i did what all good tech's do when they have no idea what the problem is: 'They start clicking all of the buttons randomly to see if anything productive happens!' And to my surprise i have found that one part of the system architect software is working fine. The 'Readdress Devices' section showed me that there is perfect comms between hardware and software, i instantly got the full listed table for the device:
Address: 48541  Type:Crown Xti  Description:(THIS FIELD IS BLANK!!!!!)   ID:8E-17-B2-93-A9-4A   Status:Detected

I was able to reboot the xti using the button, I can also get the screen on the amp to flash using the auto locate button etc etc, so i have full comms only with the side of the program that deals with 'Readdressing'. And after all of this success the main program was still in a strange state of denial blindly telling me no devices were attached. So only part of the software recognises the Hardware!!!

Here is what the error logs say for the non-functioning side of Sys Architect:

DateTime  Type   Category    Priority      Name                                Details                                                                         Address

1  15102009  Info    Application    Low       Event Log                       (2.00.0.0) Log started:                                                            27970
2  15102009  Info    Application    Low   New data directory              Creating C:\ProgramData\HPRO\SystemArchitect\2.00.0.0         27970
3  15102009  Info    Application    Low     LoadPreferences               Creating new preferences file.                                                  27970
4  15102009  Info    Application    Low    AddressNegotiator              Successfully negotiated device address 27970.                          27970
5  15102009  Warning   Device    Low  USB.SendMessageToDevice   (vnd=4624,prd=2048)=-4[MsgSendToDeviceErrorHandler]         1

Then line 5 repeated again and again..........

I have read previous postings on the forum that the admin clearly stated this problem is due to the 'Description' field being left blank. Apparantly there is a fix for this that was sent via mail, but it was not posted on the forums. I was under the impression that the new version of Sys Architect had fixed detection issues - but i beg to differ!

If you can send me the 'Old School' fix for this i would be greatly appreciative. Or if you want to make it an historical document on the forum for others with the same issue that coul be useful too.

Many thanks,

Magnus

#4 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:59 PM

I will look into this.  In the meantime, can you please send me an email - kevin.heber@harman.com - and I will send you C-Loader, which you can use to reflash firmware.  My guess is that the firmware is corrupt.

#5 magnusdogster

magnusdogster

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:48 PM

I have been working with a fantastic Crown tech over the last couple of weeks on this stubborn issue with my xti. It was a bit of a head scratcher for both of us, and with a 12 hour time difference between us it made for challenging communication. We have been talking every working day via mail trying to get a solution - and today we cracked it using an older version of the firmware to get the device recognized.

Now i have a fully functioning xti that communicates perfectly with all of the Harmon software, and it all works seamlessly. So i would like to finish this posting by thanking all of the support staff at Crown USA, and raising my hat to Kevin Heber for being an absolute star. Thanks for your time, and your professionalism.

My big gig is this Saturday, and my problem is fixed.

Magnus

#6 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:42 AM

Aw shucks, you're too kind smile.gif  The other guys here are at least as willing and more capable to help!