it8000 not showing up on sys. architect revisited

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jjdrummerboy

jjdrummerboy
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:51 PM

theres a topic at the bottom of this forum discussing my problem . i think it somewhat is the same issue im having.

heres the deal. i just bought my first itech8000. got it in from ups. it was an it8k that was recertified and tested and boxed by crown and resold used to me. wiped clean and reloaded with the latest firmware. got a *beep* of a deal. looks great.

im having trouble getting it to connect to the system architect. is my answer plain and simple? YOU CANNOT CONNECT AN ITECH DIRECTLY INTO THE NETWORK/FILE SHARING PORT OF A PC WITHOUT HAVING A CROSSOVER CABLE, OR A NETWORK ROUTING DEVICE!!???? if thats the answer, then whew! saved me from alot of trouble. when i get home from my gig tonight, i will try it out with a router i have laying around. thx.

but if thats not the issue, then what could it be? system architect is not recognizing a lan network. it only finds my wireless internet router in my folks closest. so i turn off my wireless to avoid conflict. ive also disabled any firewall virus protection on my pc that could be blocking any communication between anything.

the itech screen clearly so far looks like its working properly. no crazy fan problems, nothing getting hot. crown so far looks like they did an awsome job benching this amp and testing everything before boxing it up and sending it back out.

any advice, please feel free to give.

thanks in advance,
jason

#2 jjdrummerboy

jjdrummerboy
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:54 PM

another thing, i have the latest version of system architect. was experiencing the same issue with iqwic. thanks!

#3 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:55 AM

To connect to an I-Tech you need to either have a Crossover cable or two standard cables and a network switch.

Also as this devive was factory wiped it means it probibly doesn't have an IP address. You might want to try using Fixed IP address as this takes all the variable of trying to do Auto IP addressing.
First set the computer to a fixed IP address. Then in the System Architect menu bar select "Tools|Advanced Network Configuration" and give the amplifiers a fixed IP address. In a few seconds the amp should show up in the Venue View.

#4 jjdrummerboy

jjdrummerboy
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Sep 17 2009, 08:55 AM) View Post
To connect to an I-Tech you need to either have a Crossover cable or two standard cables and a network switch.

Also as this devive was factory wiped it means it probibly doesn't have an IP address. You might want to try using Fixed IP address as this takes all the variable of trying to do Auto IP addressing.
First set the computer to a fixed IP address. Then in the System Architect menu bar select "Tools|Advanced Network Configuration" and give the amplifiers a fixed IP address. In a few seconds the amp should show up in the Venue View.

thanks! in the monitor menus of the itech where the ip and mac and serial number is, i did notice an ip address of 169.254.123.85 as well as the subnet of 255.255.0.0 and an iq number and mac address.

im a few minutes i will run to best buy and buy a crossover cable to see if this fixes my problem. thanks again.

jason

#5 jjdrummerboy

jjdrummerboy
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE(jjdrummerboy @ Sep 17 2009, 09:57 AM) View Post
QUOTE(DGlass @ Sep 17 2009, 08:55 AM) View Post

thanks! in the monitor menus of the itech where the ip and mac and serial number is, i did notice an ip address of 169.254.123.85 as well as the subnet of 255.255.0.0 and an iq number and mac address.

im a few minutes i will run to best buy and buy a crossover cable to see if this fixes my problem. thanks again.

jason

oh yeah baby! it works great! sweet. now ima go pick up some speakers from the storage and try it out!

thanks!!