4 replies to this topic

#1 dduncan4@san.rr.com

dduncan4@san.rr.com

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 11:06 PM

In Itech Amps is the Input Peak Voltage limiter really an Output Peak Voltage limiter? unsure.gif  What I am trying to do is limit the output of the amp to the speaker. Don't want a bunch of JBL fried speaker componets coming back to the shop, it gets expensive that way. ohmy.gif I am setting up new control pages for all of the speakers/Amps we own and want to do it right the first time. The control is in the output section of the amp so input verses output lingo is  huh.gif .

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 09:23 AM

To put it simply the Peak Voltage limiter is both an output and an input function.   huh.gif

The Peak Voltage Limiter does provide controls allowing you to set a peak output voltage limit for the amplifier. This is done however by sensing the Output signal and controlling the Input signal .

That's why the Output Peak Voltage Limiter is also labeled as the Input Peak Voltage Limiter .   blink.gif

#3 dduncan4@san.rr.com

dduncan4@san.rr.com

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 10:25 PM

Thanks, the head audio guy and I were a little confused. We are sending out our gear and we are not going to be there and wanted to set the limiters, so they don't wipe out our speakers.  smile.gif

So one more question, how much lower than the peak limit should the threshold be set? The manufacturer, another Harmon group co, say's 56 volts for the highs  wink.gif  wink.gif  wink.gif (Guess you know which box I'm talking about. mellow.gif)

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 09:59 AM

So one more question, how much lower than the peak limit should the threshold be set? The manufacturer, another Harmon group co, say's 56 volts for the highs  wink.gif  wink.gif  wink.gif (Guess you know which box I'm talking about. mellow.gif)
View Post
[/quote]

Well..........I hate to play dodge ball with this one but I don't know of any golden rule of voltage headroom for Peak Voltage.huh.gif
I would have to go along with whatever the speaker manufacture {who ever that may be  wink.gif } recommends. After all who would know their products better.  smile.gif

#5 dduncan4@san.rr.com

dduncan4@san.rr.com

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 12:00 AM

[quote=DGlass,Mar 23 2005, 09:59 AM]
View Post
[/quote]

Well..........I hate to play dodge ball with this one but I don't know of any golden rule of voltage headroom for Peak Voltage.huh.gif
I would have to go along with whatever the speaker manufacture {who ever that may be  wink.gif } recommends. After all who would know their products better.  smile.gif
View Post
[/quote]

Got it figured out, was just over analyzing.