Changing firmware on IQwic

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 soundman5150

soundman5150
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 04:52 PM

When upgrading to 7.2 is there easy way to change the AMP's profile to tell it is now v1.3 instead of v1.1 I know I could add AMP then copy and then readdress but is there easier way. If I have lots of control page with points mapped to controls on those pages but want to upgrade.

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 09:56 PM

I am going to assume that you have updated the firmware on the units, then installed the IQwic 7.2 software and after opening a file made with previous firmware and software you are finding old firmware info for the devices. The reason I say this is doing a software upgrade does not do a firmware upgrade on the units. Firmware upgrades need to be done separately.

If the above is true then:
1)Open the file and after IQwic has done a roll call and everything is on the screen close the main IQwic window leaving the IQwic Tool Bar running.
2)Let it set like this for about 30-40 seconds. In the background the IQwic software is polling the system components.
3)Open the file again but "Do Not" engage it. The current polled settings will be pulled into the file.
4) Verify changes and Save the file with a new name or over write the old one if you have a backup)
5)Shut down the software and reopen it and the file. You should now see the correct firmware version displayed.

#3 soundman5150

soundman5150
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 04:48 PM

ok I think I got it. This is at design level now no equipment yet. So once firmware is upgraded and follow your steps any features like the 20 presets vs 10 presets will change along with the firm ware number. That is assuming I bring the future amps up to the firmware I want if they are not there from factory

Thanks

#4 soundman5150

soundman5150
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 08:41 PM

This does bring up suggestion. It would be nice to change a pre programmed system to allow the new features of newer  software while still in the design stage.

maybe idea for HiQnet, which I look forward to seeing