Autoducking on USM810

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Terotec

Terotec
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 09:37 AM

I have been having problems implementing what at first sight should be a simple design idea.

A small bar system with a live stage, a piped always on background music feed and a jukebox.

Using a custom panel selecting between BGM and performance was easy along with setiing up the appropriate balance, however the second requirement was that when in non performance mode the BGM would play unless someone selects a record on the jukebox.

All audio is run through the USM810 and the jukebox feed is a direct line level feed which I intended to use to autoduck the BGM feed when someone uses the machine (all other selection live/BGM being done via input mutes triggered from the custom panel and the control ports).
However after much experimenting with both the autoducker and the auto mic mixer I have yet to achive a recognisable ducking feature - for simplicity sake I emulated the jukebox with 0dB pink noise yet could not acheive a consistent duck on the other channel that would then release in the absence of the (pink noise) signal.
Strangley I found no trigger level control to set for the ducking channel, yet comprehensive ducking depth and time constant controls for the ducked channel(s).

Any suggestions where I could be going wrong?

Regards,

Graham

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 10:26 PM

Do you have the Input Gates, setup and Engaged, for the inputs being Ducked ?
Priority Ducking as well as any of the Auto-Mix features must have the Input Gate function Engaged and setup to open when an input signal of sufficient level is reached. The turning on of the input gate tells the Auto-Mix functions a signal is there and to do it's thing.  rolleyes.gif

#3 Terotec

Terotec
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 11:39 AM

Many thanks, will try that.

We had no intention of using the gates and had never guessed (nor found any referrence as to) their secondary role as key level for the automix/ducking functions, but with hindsight that sort of makes sense!

Graham