Crown CM311A

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 harleydrummer

harleydrummer
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:28 AM

I own a CM311 that's approx. two and a half years old. I always use the mic utilizing the 9 volt battery, since the phantom power on my band's board activates all channels, instead of just mine. Anyway, I installed a new battery(duracell) about a month ago and only use the mic once a week. It was working fine until last night when I noticed that the mic was not as loud at the same volume setting on the board. I did purchase and install a new WS-6 wind screen, but don't see how that would be the cause. The old one was a little degraded, so the new one should improve clarity.  I haven't tried a new battery yet, since the one in there is practically brand new. However, I will install a new battery first just to see if that's the culprit. But I've never had ths type of problem as a result of a weak or defective battery. Every Duracell 9 volt that I've used has been reliable for much longer than 1 month.  Any suggestions?  - Thanks!

#2 MChapman

MChapman

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:41 PM

Did you remember to turn the battery "OFF" before storing the mic back in the case? If the battery switch is left on, the mic will continue to drain the battery even if the mic is not connected to a sound system. Did this happen after a period of heavy use?
<span style='color:blue'>J. Mark Chapman
Crown Application Support Technician</span>