Old IQ software needed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pwhitbec

pwhitbec
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 04:34 PM

Hi folks, I have an older , ok, really old, PIP IQ-INT and the IQ mods anre version 1.3. Does anyone have some windows software for this stuff? I have the Mac stuff but want to try the win stuff as my old Mac is on it's last legs.
Thanks
Pat

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 04:56 PM

Pat

You should be able to use the IQ for Windows 5.12 software. When you start the software it will not find any of the older IQ PIPs. However if you go to the main menu bar and select Dataframe|New Components and select PIP AP as the model for the older PIPs enter their IQ addresses manually you will be able to call them up unto the screen. Now using the save function from the File|Save menu save this. Now each time you open the file your amplifiers will be there.

Earlier models of the IQ PIPs did not do what we call Fast Roll Call. This is were the software sends out a discovery command ("who's out there") and the IQ products answer back. The older IQ PIP cards just periodically put out, on the IQ Loop that they were there. So for the newer Windows based current loop software to find an older IQ product you need to tell the software that the older PIP is there and itís IQ address.