PZM-6D Wiring

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 David@PUMC

David@PUMC
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:07 PM

We have a PZM-6D installed in the piano at church; someone recently pulled the cable out of the XLR connector.  I would like to re-solder the wires to the circuit board inside the connector, but I can't find a wiring diagram.  The microphone cable has a red conductor, a white conductor and a shield.  The circuit board has three connections points, the left most is where the shield was connected, but I can't tell where the other conductors were connected.  Can I get a diagram showing the wiring terminations?

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:20 AM

Attached is a wiring diagram for the wire to the board in the connector.
My apologies for the size of the picture that was the best I could do after cutting it out of the document.

Attached Files

#3 David@PUMC

David@PUMC
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Feb 12 2009, 08:20 AM) View Post
My apologies for the size of the picture that was the best I could do after cutting it out of the document.

Thanks for the reply,

I can't read the text on the picture you attached, I think that I could make out that the white wire and the shield were the two outside connections and the red wire is the center connection.  Is this correct?  I can identify where the shield was terminated so if you can tell which wire to connect to the center pin I will have all the information I need to make the repair.

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:36 AM

Attached File  PZM_6Dwiring.pdf   73.05K   14 downloads
QUOTE(David@PUMC @ Feb 12 2009, 10:27 PM) View Post

Thanks for the reply,

I can't read the text on the picture you attached, I think that I could make out that the white wire and the shield were the two outside connections and the red wire is the center connection.  Is this correct?  I can identify where the shield was terminated so if you can tell which wire to connect to the center pin I will have all the information I need to make the repair.

I was able to get that section of the document blown up and saved as a .pdf. Let me try and repost it.

Attached Files

#5 David@PUMC

David@PUMC
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Feb 13 2009, 08:36 AM) View Post
QUOTE(David@PUMC @ Feb 12 2009, 10:27 PM) View Post

Thanks for the reply,

I was able to get that section of the document blown up and saved as a .pdf. Let me try and repost it.

Thanks again for your help.  This is exactly what I needed.