Recording a Board Meeting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 EMBWayne

EMBWayne
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:21 PM

We need to start recording the board meetings of our non-profit.  There will be 12-15 attending board meetings in the usual hotel conference room.

I've been told that the Crown Sound Grabber II PZM would be a satisfactory microphone for the purpose and we have purchased one for our board meeting next week.  

What compatible software do the members of this forum recommend for our needs.  Non-profits always have tight budgets.  Right now, money is exceptionally tight.  Money is tight for everyone.

Thanks,

Ed

#2 MChapman

MChapman

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:59 PM

I do not have any specific software recommendations for board meetings. Are you recording right to the computer, or are you looking at editing it later?
<span style='color:blue'>J. Mark Chapman
Crown Application Support Technician</span>

#3 Zheng

Zheng
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:57 PM

Hi Ed:

If you are recording directly to a PC, Audacity is an excellent program to use.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Zheng

QUOTE(EMBWayne @ Jan 13 2009, 11:21 AM) View Post
We need to start recording the board meetings of our non-profit.  There will be 12-15 attending board meetings in the usual hotel conference room.

I've been told that the Crown Sound Grabber II PZM would be a satisfactory microphone for the purpose and we have purchased one for our board meeting next week.  

What compatible software do the members of this forum recommend for our needs.  Non-profits always have tight budgets.  Right now, money is exceptionally tight.  Money is tight for everyone.

Thanks,

Ed