• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 peddap

peddap
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:59 AM

Hi,

I want to use my headset CM-311AE for both wired and wireless use. (I always forget to charge the battery)

I've therefore assembled a box, according to the drawings that I found on this forum, to make my CM-311AE wired.
The main difference is that I used a power supply with 9V output instead of a battery.

Now I face a problem with a sticking sound (not a "ground sound").
Anyone that know what this is and how I can get rid of it?

I also wonder if it's possible to use phantom power if I cut the wire above the black box?
(I then would solder two jacks (male and female) on the wire to reconnect the black box for wireless use again)

If anyone have a solution on my problem and also can make a drawing of it, please email me.

@-mail

#2 brubart

brubart

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:37 PM

Please see  http://www.crownaudio.com/kb/entry/145/

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by "sticking sound" or "ground sound". But in the knowledgebase article above, the bottom diagram shows how to filter the 9V DC supply to make it have less hum. Maybe that's what you mean.

To make the CM-311AE phantom powered, you'd need to purchase a CM-311A microphone. Then you could just switch mics when you want to go from wired to wireless, or vice versa.

Good luck,
brubart

#3 peddap

peddap
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE(brubart @ Dec 8 2008, 01:37 PM) View Post
Please see  http://www.crownaudio.com/kb/entry/145/

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by "sticking sound" or "ground sound". But in the knowledgebase article above, the bottom diagram shows how to filter the 9V DC supply to make it have less hum. Maybe that's what you mean.

To make the CM-311AE phantom powered, you'd need to purchase a CM-311A microphone. Then you could just switch mics when you want to go from wired to wireless, or vice versa.

Good luck,
brubart

Thanks for your answer.
I missed that extra filter and I'll try to build that in. I'll come back with the result later  smile.gif

What I ment by a "sticking sound" is a sound that's in a higher frequency range than a regular hum. And with the "ground sound" I ment a humming sound like that comes from poor soldering of the ground cable.
I hope that explains it.

Regards
Peter
(from Sweden)

#4 peddap

peddap
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:22 PM

Now I finally had the chanse to try this filter.  Unfortunate it doesn't help me...  sad.gif

Are there any other suggestions what it may be?

Regards
Peter