CM 30

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 theresa

theresa
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:16 PM

I recently started working at this venue and I am finding a CM 30 in a box. I would rather not go all the way up to the currently existing ones and wire it just to see if it is working. Can I connect an XLR plug to it so that I can check it? If so could you give me the wiring diagram?

Thanks in advance

#2 MChapman

MChapman

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:27 PM

By having a CM-30, do you mean just the capsule/cable assembly, or are you referring to the mic capsule/cable and the matching electronics module on the single gang electrical box? If you have the complete mic/electronics package, then you can connect an XLR to the module, supply phantom power, and test to see if it works. If you only have the capsule/cable assembly, then connecting the XLR and supplying phantom power will damage the mic capsule.
<span style='color:blue'>J. Mark Chapman
Crown Application Support Technician</span>

#3 theresa

theresa
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE(MChapman @ Oct 20 2008, 02:27 PM) View Post
By having a CM-30, do you mean just the capsule/cable assembly, or are you referring to the mic capsule/cable and the matching electronics module on the single gang electrical box? If you have the complete mic/electronics package, then you can connect an XLR to the module, supply phantom power, and test to see if it works. If you only have the capsule/cable assembly, then connecting the XLR and supplying phantom power will damage the mic capsule.

Thanks for that info. I will have no other choice but to hook it up in the air.