where can i get a list of Object IDs?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 laduke

laduke
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:19 PM

I have the document that explains how to set up messages to the amp (IQ udp protocol.pdf), but I can't find a list anywhere of what Object IDs are available and what they are. Am I looking for an OIF file? I'm trying to figure out all the different status messages that the amp can send back to me, and also what messages I can send to the amp.
From the PDF I have, I have gleaned that :

2080 => Object ID of ‘Channel 1 Signal Delay (Fine)’
3080 => Object ID of ‘Channel 2 Signal Delay (Fine)’
2070 => Object ID of ‘Channel 1 Input Fader’

#2 laduke

laduke
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE(laduke @ Sep 11 2008, 06:19 PM) View Post
I have the document that explains how to set up messages to the amp (IQ udp protocol.pdf), but I can't find a list anywhere of what Object IDs are available and what they are. Am I looking for an OIF file? I'm trying to figure out all the different status messages that the amp can send back to me, and also what messages I can send to the amp.
From the PDF I have, I have gleaned that :

2080 => Object ID of ‘Channel 1 Signal Delay (Fine)’
3080 => Object ID of ‘Channel 2 Signal Delay (Fine)’
2070 => Object ID of ‘Channel 1 Input Fader’

Found the OIF files in program files.

#3 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:47 AM

The object ID's are in the OIF files for each device and are located in the IQwic software. Once the IQwic software is installed they can be found at: C:\Program Files\IQ Systems\IQwic.
Each firmware version, for a device, will have a slightly different OIF file so make sure you use the correct one. If in doubt open an OIF file in a text editor and the deivce will be stated in one of the first couple of lines.
You don't mention which device you have so below is a quick description of the oif files and what they go to:

CM4xxx.oif_______CTs4200
CM4xxx.oif_______CTs8200
CNM3xx.oif_______PS-8810C (Ethernet Version)
DBCxxx.oif_______DBC Bridge
IPLxxx.oif________PIP Lite
ITAxxx.oif________I-Tech
PSHxxx.oif_______PIP USP3
PSNxxx.oif_______PIP USP3/CN

#4 S B

S B
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:36 AM

I am working with Macro-tech 9000i amplifiers.  Are there Object Information Files for these?
How do I talk to these from a Crestron controller?

I have code for controlling your ITech 8000 - if that's any starting point.

#5 S B

S B
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE(S B @ Mar 9 2010, 11:36 AM) View Post
I am working with Macro-tech 9000i amplifiers.  Are there Object Information Files for these?
How do I talk to these from a Crestron controller?
I just spoke to Kim Whitehead at Crown support.
The Macro-tech Series I do not use the "IQ" type messages.
But version 2.1 of System Architect has a nifty feature for extracting the Hex codes you need to control the amps.

1) Click on the orange "Q" at the top left of System Architect.
2) A drop down box will open.  Along the bottom edge of the box, select "Options...".
3) An "Optopns" window will open.  Select "HiQnet String Settings".
4) In the right pane of the options window, slect "Enable HiQnet String Visibility" and you formatting options.
5) Click OK to close the windows.
6) Connect to your device and open up a control.
7) On most individual control, you can now right-click the control to get the hex string for that control into your paste buffer.

There are still mysteries here.  I can't get it to work for the Preset recall and store buttons - or the Amp Info button.