Itech 8000 IQ problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 robertcharles

robertcharles
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:57 PM

I have 2 Itech 8000 amps, and I am having trouble communicating with them. I have a network crossover cable and did what the setup procedure called for. I see a "no oif. file" message and I downloaded the latest firmware and software, but, I have no idea how to get these things going. I have been fooling around with these amps for 3 weeks, and I am getting nowhere. I would greatly appreciate any help with this. I just want to configure the amps and make sure all of the settings are like I need them.

Thanks,

Robert

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:17 AM

The ."oif file not found" message means the IQwic software doesn't recognize the version of firmware the amplifier has in it. There hasn't been a new release of IQwic for a while and the latest release version Of System Architect has newer firmware available that IQwic has no .oif files for. If you will tell me the version of firmware in your amps I will send you the oif file.

#3 robertcharles

robertcharles
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Jun 20 2008, 07:17 AM) View Post
The ."oif file not found" message means the IQwic software doesn't recognize the version of firmware the amplifier has in it. There hasn't been a new release of IQwic for a while and the latest release version Of System Architect has newer firmware available that IQwic has no .oif files for. If you will tell me the version of firmware in your amps I will send you the oif file.

I need to get that firmware version, but also, is the fan supposed to get extremely loud without any load on the amp. I mean the fan was so loud I was worried it was going to fall apart from turning so fast. At first, it fluctuated uup and down as the fan cycled on and off, but after about  1 hour, the fan just went crazy fast. Is this normal. I only hooked up one of the amps and was just trying to get the connection to work.

Thanks,

Robert

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE(robertcharles @ Jun 29 2008, 01:19 AM) View Post
QUOTE(DGlass @ Jun 20 2008, 07:17 AM) View Post

I need to get that firmware version, but also, is the fan supposed to get extremely loud without any load on the amp. I mean the fan was so loud I was worried it was going to fall apart from turning so fast. At first, it fluctuated uup and down as the fan cycled on and off, but after about  1 hour, the fan just went crazy fast. Is this normal. I only hooked up one of the amps and was just trying to get the connection to work.

Thanks,

Robert

Sometimes after loading in firmware the fan will take off at full speed this is cleared by power cycling the amplifier.

When doing the firmware upgrade with IQwic's TCP/IQ Utility program you have to load in the display firmware first then the DSP firmware. This increases the possibility for firmware loading errors. You might try to use System Architect to load in the firmware as it will give you the latest firmware as well as doing both the display and DSP firmware at the same time.

Let me know the firmware version you have, or end up with, as soon as possible so I can send you the .oif file for IQwic.

#5 oai bui

oai bui

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:25 AM

Hi All,
I had the same problem with my ITech 8000, at no load the fan just went crazy loud after 4 mins of start up. After a week I still could not get the laptop link to the amp???

Thanks