• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jcseattle

jcseattle
  • IQ Certified
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 08:16 PM

Please refresh my memory:

Can I connect my laptop directly to an individual PIP Lite using a crossover cable, or do I have to have a switch to accomplish this?  I have a few standalone amps that I just want to check up on from time to time, and have been unsuccessful with direct connection.  Both devices acknowledge the network connection, but IQwic does not see the amp/PIP.

JC

Marion Oliver McCaw Hall, Seattle WA

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 08:27 AM

JC

You can use a crossover cable to talk to an individual device.

Make sure you have given your computer a fixed IP address that is in the same network range of the amplifier you are looking at (not the same address). Then run the IQ Utility program to verify communication. If you do not have communication the device will be highlighted in Red. Verify the IP address and the subnet mask used for the device are in the same IP address range as the computer.

Another thing to try is to make sure you have the latest software IQwic 7.1.2 form the downloads section of this forum. This can be verified in the Help|About selection of the software's main menu. Newer devices cannot be recognized by older IQwic software because of their having newer firmware in them.

#3 jcseattle

jcseattle
  • IQ Certified
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 08:16 PM

Thanks, David, that all sounds familiar.  Here's where I am now:

I set my PC to a fixed IP of 10.0.0.1 and subnet mask 255.255.255.0
I found the PIP in TCPIQ Utility, and sent it an IP of 10.0.0.2, the same subnet mask, and an IQ address of 1.  The Utility now says we're good to go, but IQwic still doesn't find it.  I got this result on  2 CTS600's in different locations.

My software, while not the latest version, is over a year more recent (11/2003) than the firmware in the PIP (10/02), so I don't think that's it.  I will try downloading the latest version anyway.

What's the next step?

JC

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 08:39 AM

If there isn't any reason that you are using a Class A with a class C Subnet address let's get you to try a Class C IP address with a Class C Subnet. Let's try setting your computer to 192.168.4.100 Subnet 255.255.255.0 and your device to IP address: 192.168.4.1, Subnet: 255.255.255.0 and an IQ Address of 1.

You say the firmware for the PIP is 10/02 what is the version number? You should be able to read this in IQ Util. Firmware upgrades are available in the Download section of this Forum and are performed in TCPIQ Util.

#5 jcseattle

jcseattle
  • IQ Certified
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 06:52 PM

I got it to work by copying the settings from our other network:  IP's in the 192.168.10.x range, with subnet 255.255.248.0
The advantage to this is that I don't have to re-address the laptop when I move from the big network to the individual amps.

I could not get it to work using 192.168.4.x and 255.255.255.0, but it's all good now, and have connected to my loose amps with IQwic 7.1.2 and its Utility.  I loaded one amp with the new firmware, but once I got the addressing right, the others came right up too, so that didn't seem to make the difference.  

Thanks for your help!

JC