IT AMP discovery

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bgordon916

bgordon916
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 07:53 PM

I can't download the settings i have made for an amp of mine because I can't get the amp to show up on the network.  

when I hit "discovery" it never show the amp.

Both yellow and Green lights are on, on the back of the amp.

The lan is connected.

Computer IP address is set to 126.126.0.1

Mask is set to 255.255.0.0

What am I doing wrong?  this is very frustrating!!!

#2 bob

bob

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 05:45 AM

Your computer and the amp should be in the same network range!

Means if your computer TCP/Ip is "192.168.0.5" and the subnet mask is set to "255.255.0.0" the amp TCP/IP should start with "192.168.xxx.xxx".
xxx could be everything between 0 and 254.

If you have set your computer TCP/Ip to "192.168.0.5" and th subnetmask to "255.255.255.0" the amp TCP/IP should start with "192.168.0.xxx".

Every component in the network should have a unique TCP/ip address.

If you have not setup your amp TCP/IP read the Manual for using the "TCPIQ utility".

More detailed information you can find in the owner manual TCP-IQ network basics page 42.

#3 Matt24

Matt24
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 04:15 AM

IQ Discovery will work even if the network range differs between the amp and PC.  The things which stop it from working are physical network network connections (check for the green link leds next to the ports), a software firewall on your PC is preventing IQ from working (firewalls need to be turned off) or the bind address is not correct (if you have more than one network connection on your pc - eg, 10/100baseT AND wireless).

#4 KGring

KGring

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 02:55 PM

If you are attempting to connect to a newer amplifier in IQWic software, make sure you have downloaded the most recent version of the software. If the newer amplifier has firmware version 1.202 and the software is not up to date, the software will not recognize the amplifier on the system.
Kevin B. Gring
Crown Audio
kgring@crownintl.com

#5 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 04:53 PM

A few more quick questions and suggestions.

1) Are you connecting directly to the amp with the computer or going through a switch?

If connected directly you will need to use a crossover cable. If connecting through a switch you will need standard straight through cables.
If you haven't tried connecting directly with a crossover cable try that.

2) Are you running XP? Which service pack? Is the XP Firewall turned on?

If XP firewall is turned on turn it off.

3) Are you running more than one NIC or have a wireless card installed.

If you do go into Windows and disable all but the one you are using. (for testing purposes). It it works you will then need to add a Binding address to both TCP/IQ Util. and IQwic. The software only likes to look out one device at a time.

4) Do you have "AOL Secure Edition" installed?

We have recently found that AOL blocks, just about, everything but themselves in their new Secuity Release.

5) Verify the IP address on you computer with TCP/IQ Utility. It should be found in a panel in the lower section of the TCP/IQ Util. window. If it reads anything other then what you set the computer for try resetting the computer's IP.

#6 bgordon916

bgordon916
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 03:51 PM

Thank you  all for responding.  I finally got the amp programed.  The six amps I have routed through a switcher were no problem.  The one lone amp I was attempting to program via a crossover cable just didn't want to connect.