Medium size install, IQ for me?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 schoeps

schoeps
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 02:42 PM

Hey everbody! Reasonably new to IQ system but a long time Crown fan.

I am currently working on a museum installation where I would like to use Crown Equipment.  biggrin.gif It is a museum where each exhibit will use 1 channel. There are about 35 exhibits and the program audio will be from a series of DVD players.

My question is.... do any of the multichannel (more than 2) support IQ? I am looking to optimize space and remotely control them with a PC when I can stand in front of the exhibit and make adjustments to EQ and gain (an IQ module can do that, right?). I am an IT guy, so I could prolly get the wireless networking thing going, but I want to make sure I am on the right track first...

Thanks SO Much!
Bri

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 02:57 PM

Bri

Well there's good news and not so good news on the Multi-channel amplifiers. Yes, you can get them with IQ but they are IQ current Loop cards not the newer TCP/IQ cards. These cards are also basic control and monitoring cards and do not have any on board DSP for EQ's.

#3 schoeps

schoeps
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Nov 19 2004, 02:57 PM)
Bri

Well there's good news and not so good news on the Multi-channel amplifiers. Yes, you can get them with IQ but they are IQ current Loop cards not the newer TCP/IQ cards. These cards are also basic control and monitoring cards and do not have any on board DSP for EQ's.

Thanks for the reply!

so only the 2 ch models currently support the IQ cards with EQ?

Bri

#4 schoeps

schoeps
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 05:29 PM

ah, just found this...

http://www.iqaudiosystems.com/support/modulecompat.pdf