#1 bob

bob

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 11:22 AM

blink.gif
In the I-Tech Application Guide Section 4 about "I-Tech and JBL Vertec" you have written about the provided limiter settings.

But I have downloaded the "VTDSP_V3.wiq" file and there are no limiter settings in it. Only the clip eleminator is turned on.

Could you please check that?

I think the file is only complet with the limiter settings.

Regards Bob

#2 KGring

KGring

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 03:33 PM

Bob,
The limiter settings are going to depend on how many boxes are on each channel of the amplifier and which model of amplifier you are using. If the limiter is set for running only the particular bandpass with only one box at for example 50vac, and you wire three boxes to that channel, the amplifier will be limited to that 50vac and there may not be enough power for all of the boxes. The limiter settings will need to be set each time based on which model amplifier, the number and impedance of the speaker boxes on each channel, and the individual needs of the venue for overall spl as well as protection level for the system.
Kevin B. Gring
Crown Audio
kgring@crownintl.com

#3 bob

bob

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 04:14 AM

Where can I find the minimum Guaranteed Peak Voltages of I-Tech4,6,8000 at 2,4,8 Ohms?

Or should I calculate that with the "Minimum Guarateed Power" specs.

I-Tech 6000 at 4ohms stereo per ch. 3000watts = 110volts,

A VT4889 can take 150v in the MF bandpass,
and 120volts in the LF bandpass.

This means I should set the peakvoltage limiter to 110volts in the LF and MF bandpass.

bob

#4 KGring

KGring

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 11:16 AM

Bob,
If you look at the I-Tech with VerTec charts in the application guide, there are bandpass peak voltages listed. These are calculated values obtained from JBL for use with the VerTec systems. The minimum guarenteed power ratings are continuous not peak ratings, so you should use the speaker recomended voltage limits.
Kevin B. Gring
Crown Audio
kgring@crownintl.com

#5 bob

bob

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 12:02 PM

Great!
1.)
Is a I-Tech 4000 also able to bring a peakvoltage of 150volts at 4ohms?

2.)
How works the average power limiter internal. Does it measure the outputvoltage?

(I know that I have to set the Impedance and watts of the connected bandpass.)

Bob

#6 KGring

KGring

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 04:12 PM

Bob,
The I-T4000 is capable of peak output voltages around 157vac at 4ohms. The average power limiter monitors the voltage and impedance of the amplifier output and limits the long term output power of the amplifier. The threshold should be set to the speakers long-term power rating.
Kevin B. Gring
Crown Audio
kgring@crownintl.com