• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KEL Sound & Vision

KEL Sound & Vision
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:56 AM

Hi,

We've had to upgrade our laptops as part of an overhaul of the IT here, and have all new dual CPU x64 units now. All are running Vista64 business, but no-matter what version of SA I install it just returns a Windows fault of "System architect has stopped working" every time i attempt to run it. Even with XP compatibility running, still no joy. Basics are can and does SA work with Vista64, or not... we don't have issues with any other manufacturers products, and SA does seem to work on an XP64 machine we have here tho.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris.

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:50 AM

The only thng I know of with Vista and the System Architect software is that you need to run Vista in the Administor Mode. Try right clicking on the icon and set it up for administrator mode operation.

I have not been informed of any other known issues. However I am emailing the Harman - Software Deleopment Group to see if they know of anything.

#3 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:51 AM

Hpro Software Development is not aware of any issues either.
Has you tried to do a repair install by chance, or a complete uninstall/reinstall?
Also I have been informed that we only support classic theme in Vista at this time.  So if you are using a custom theme you might have to change back.