5 replies to this topic

#1 dduncan4@san.rr.com

dduncan4@san.rr.com

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 09:20 PM

I have been asked to display the crossover/PEQ curve for a group of amps while in IQwic. They want to modify the settings graphically. Is this possible???? wacko.gif Is it possible to display the curve at all with out going to one of the devices and looking at it.

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 09:10 AM

huh.gif Well, you've found one of the very few things that cannot be done in the IQwic software. The graphic filter displays cannot be placed on the Custom Control panels. You will have to open the unit(s) to see them.

#3 dduncan4@san.rr.com

dduncan4@san.rr.com

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 09:43 PM

Ok, I can't display the curve. Can I open the panel up with the signal path tab open? I would like to do this with a button. Double clicking the amp, then two more clicks to get it all of the way open, then another click to get to the signal path tab; too many mouse clicks. Way to mouse-centric, some shortcut keys would be nice. I use them all of the time (I was around computers before Xerox did their interface research on the mouse that now has become the prefered way to work with computers. That research predates microsoft. wink.gif )

Another thing I have not figured out is adding/deleting a filter for a group of amps with a button click, is this possible. Some kind of scripting thing?

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 02:51 PM

There are no short cut keys to bypass the standard opening sequence.

Adding a filter to a groups of amplifiers can be done by creating an "Instant New Master". Hold down the CTRL button and left-click on the amplifiers you want to be in a group so they have a red outline around them. Release the CTRL and right-click on one of the highlighted amplifiers. Select Control Panels|Instant New Master and whether you want both channels or only one. Give the new master panel a name and it will appear on the screen. Hit the yellow bar to open it up and select "Filters".

The display will be a text display ( no graphics available for multiple amplifiers in a master control ) of all common filters shared by the amplifiers either by channel or both channels of the selected amplifiers depending on what you selected the control to be for.

This instant new master can be recalled at any time by right-clicking on any of the amps and selecting that master control by name from the drop down window. It can also be recalled by a custom control screen "trigger". Again there is no short cut keys to bypass the standard opening sequence once you have accessed it.

Instant new masters are saved with the file when you save the file.

Before Microsoft............. was there a world before Microsoft??????? laugh.gif
I know, I know, I know, I come from the 8080 and CPM days myself.  wink.gif

#5 apoppleton

apoppleton
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 08:17 PM

IS there any prospect of getting this changed in a future upgrade, or is that going to create more problems then it saves?

It would mean we could allow access to control pages with EQ on them but not to the rest of the device.

Andrew

#6 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:14 AM

Andrew,

We periodicaly look at how we can upgrade our products and take into account our customers request. I have passed on your feature request but cannot say when or if it will or will not be done. smile.gif