USM-810 Error Code 13

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ryanj

ryanj
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 01:56 PM

I've been programming an older USM-810 (by older I mean it's been used) and never had a problem with it.  I unplugged it to move it over to my amp rack and made the mistake of leaving it plugged into the RS-232 port.  Plugging it back in, it goes through it's normal boot cycle.  The display gets to "sh3" and immediately switches to E13, before resetting and trying the whole thing again (and again and again and again).  

I cannot connect to it using IQ (except once when I unplugged it then plugged it back in, and it immediately lost the connection when the thing rebooted).

Figuring it might be a bad power problem I switched circuits and had no success.

Eek!  Help!

Ryan J

#2 ryanj

ryanj
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 02:06 PM

Problem has mysteriously disappeared.  Also going to upgrade the firmware from 1.001 to 1.100.

Thanks.

Ryan J

#3 ryanj

ryanj
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 11:05 AM

Can someone please tell me what the origin of this problem may be, so that I can avoid it?  Right now I'm having some doubts about my 810 and my desire to stick it in a critical application setting if the problem is kinda random.

Also, never had any success with a firmware upgrade... kept coming up with an error after 1%.

Thanks.

RyanJ

#4 Bradford Benn

Bradford Benn

Power User

• Admin
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 10:44 AM

In terms of the firmware update, that problem is best solved by checking your baud rate. That is usually the cause. The help file should show how that can be changed.

Error 13 sounds like a failed boot, which cycling the power or updating the firmware should fix.
-=Brad

Bradford Benn
Business Development Manager - Crown International
http://www.crownaudio.com/

#5 ryanj

ryanj
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 09:24 PM

What about the 'shx' (where x is a number from 0-3) failures?  I thought it might be a short or something.  It's very odd.  Did get the unit working, but still have a concern or two.

Ryan J

#6 Bradford Benn

Bradford Benn

Power User

• Admin
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 07:48 PM

The "SHx" is where the cold fire processor scans the four SHARC chips to ensure communication during boot up. It is typical to see during bootup, and should be seen.
-=Brad

Bradford Benn
Business Development Manager - Crown International
http://www.crownaudio.com/

#7 ryanj

ryanj
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 09:47 PM

Thanks for the replies.  I thought that 'SHx' meant a SHort or something.  Glad to see it isn't the case.  Have had several days of trouble-free processing - don't see why it won't continue this way.

Thanks again!

Ryan J