810 presets

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 soundmachine

soundmachine
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 10:22 PM

I am working in an environment where the house engineer was fired and will not give up config files for the 2 house 810's.. If I hook up a computer with the software can I import the current settings into the computers memory to use as a reference for future changes??

#2 KGring

KGring

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 08:15 AM

The answer to your question is yes. All of the information resides in the individual components in an IQ system. You can connect to the system with the IQ for Windows software and  upload the information from the USM810 and save it as a file in the IQ software. If there are multiple presets set up, you will need to save each preset as an individual file.
Kevin B. Gring
Crown Audio
kgring@crownintl.com

#3 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 08:33 AM

Yes, you can retrieve the active settings from the USM-810 by connecting the computer and the USM-810 with a RS-232 Modem (not a Null_Modem) cable. Start the IQ for Windows software and it will perform a Component Discovery/Roll Call. This discovery process will pull the active settings up into your computer. You can view and modify these settings by double clicking the USM-810 Icon, that will appear on the Work place window, and pressing the yellow bar to open the TABs window.
To save these settings to your computer select File|Save, from the main menu bar and give the file a name. If the USM-810 has Presets stored in it recall each of them one at a time and save them with different names. These saved files are referred to as Dataframe files and will have .wiq extension.
When you open a saved file the software is going to ask if you want to Engage or Upload the dataframe file. Engaging the file will take the saved settings in the .wiq file and overwrite the active settings in the USM-810. Upload will pull the active settings in the 810 up to the computer.

#4 dduncan4@san.rr.com

dduncan4@san.rr.com

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 09:10 PM

I have found that home (work) made connections are the major problem. I have seen the same problem, unplug and plug it in again make it go away for a while.
The answer I have is to redo the connections until it stops, unless your connection points are more than 100Meters apart. If the connection are more than 100m apart try to reduce the distance.