Cobranet Clarification

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stomashek

stomashek
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:05 AM

If I send one cobra net bundle to a CTs8200 USPCN amp, I can assign each of the eight audio streams from that bundle to each of the eight amp channels right?  Technically, it looks as if the amp can see four different bundles allow the choice of 32 possible channels of audio routed to any of the 8 amp channels....

Just making sure I'm doing this right.

Scott

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 03:17 PM

Well yes .. but let me explain all the steps.

CobraNet Input Bundle panel
The amp can receive up to 4 bundles designated as the letters A, B, C and D. Each of these bundles contains up to 8 slots of audio.
A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8
B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6, B7, B8
C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, C8
D1, D2, D3, D4, D5, D6, D7, D8

Cobranet Input Routing panel
Of the 32 available slots only 8 can be choosen, in any order, to be available to the amplifier. The 8 choosen slots are then redesignated as"CobraNet Input 1" to "CobraNet Input 8".This does not assign the choosen slots to any of the amplifier input channels only that these slots are available to be choosen from for the amplifier's inputs.

Source Selector
At the head end of each of the amplifier channel's processing chains is a block labled "Source". In this block you can choose the desired input. If CobraNet Input is selected than you will have the choices of "CobraNet Input 1" to "CobraNet Input 8" and whatever Bundle Slot is assigned to that CobraNet Input.
wink.gif