XTi 1000 FW 1.1.2.9

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 exojam

exojam
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 08:38 PM

I just updated my new XTi 1000 to firware version 1.1.2.9 and noticed something different taking place and would like to see if someone knows if this is because of the firmware update. When I originally hooked up the amp I set it to the "BRG SUBS" preset. While using the amp in this manner I only saw channel one show a "signal" led. I have the custom below settings now and see a "signal" led on both channels. Should this be taking place? Thanks.

Only Channel 1 shows in the main screen
Input Mode=Input Y
Output mode=bridge mono
x-over=100 lp

#2 fishel

fishel

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:56 PM

Whenever you do a firmware update, the presets are usually lost.

You probably need to simply rebuild them from scratch.  Hopefully you saved them on your pc.  I'm not sure if that's your problem.

If your amp still works properly, you probably have no problems and the firmware change is just making the leds work differently.

If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."--Jed Babbin

#3 exojam

exojam
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:29 AM

Fishel,

Thanks for the reply. I had originaly just been using  the default "brg subs", nothing customized. I just want to see if anyone else on this firmware using the bridged subs showsthe same thing.

#4 exojam

exojam
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 09:30 AM

Can any Crown folks or anyone using a XTi100 in bridged sub with this firmware let me know if they are seeing the same thing? Thanks.

#5 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE(exojam @ Aug 4 2007, 10:30 AM) View Post
Can any Crown folks or anyone using a XTi100 in bridged sub with this firmware let me know if they are seeing the same thing? Thanks.

You should not see the "Signal" Light  as it indicates signal at the ch2 input. You should see the -10 and -20 lamps illuminate identical to ch1 as they are indicating amplifier output of ch2. Tjis can be seen by the meter location in the  XTi Signal Flow diagram available at http://www.crownaudio.com/amp_htm/xti.htm
If everything is setup properly and working corectly then it shouldn't be a problem.

#6 exojam

exojam
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:43 PM

David,

Thanks for the reply. I am hooked up to the amp right now with SA 1.41. I looked at the preset for "Bridge" and the input showed sum (ch1 + ch2). With this, only the channel 1 input showed signal. I went to the preset "bridge subs". Again the input showed sum (ch1 + ch2) with only channel 1 showing a signal. As a test I changed it to "input y". As soon as I did this, I show a signal on channel 1 and 2. I am trying to attach a few pictures and you will be able to see what I mean. I apologize but on one the flash did not go off but you can see the leds and the laptop screen.