CM-311A and in ear bud?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SherpaKroto

SherpaKroto
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:16 PM

Has there ever been any thought to include an in ear plug or bud on the CM-311A? It would seem that an earpiece that would send a pdeudo monitor feed to the wearer ould be nice. I don't know a lot about microphone technology, but wouldn't this be possible?

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:33 PM

That's a good idea however just like wireless transmitters everyone has their own preference as to which ear bud sounds and works the best for them. Also everyone year or so each of the ear bud manufactures comes out with something newer and better to replace their old ones it would be very hard to standardize on just one model.

#3 SherpaKroto

SherpaKroto
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Jun 8 2007, 02:33 PM) View Post
That's a good idea however just like wireless transmitters everyone has their own preference as to which ear bud sounds and works the best for them. Also everyone year or so each of the ear bud manufactures comes out with something newer and better to replace their old ones it would be very hard to standardize on just one model.

Thanks for the quick reply! So, what about a mini jack? My biggest problem is what I sound like - I seem to have no problem hearing everyone else. If I had a bud in one ear, I'd be set.

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE(SherpaKroto @ Jun 8 2007, 02:38 PM) View Post
QUOTE(DGlass @ Jun 8 2007, 02:33 PM) View Post

Thanks for the quick reply! So, what about a mini jack? My biggest problem is what I sound like - I seem to have no problem hearing everyone else. If I had a bud in one ear, I'd be set.

It probably wouldn't be a big deal to add a mini plug but then it has to be fed from someplace and an input connector, level control and possibly even a mini headphone amp may have to be added to the CM311A belt pack as well. Then you would need to have two cables to run to the belt pack.
I suppose a 5-pin XLR could be used for the connector to bring both signals to the belt packÖ.. but then everyone would need a special cable and some sort of head end box or breakout connector for the mic and mix audio to interface onto the 5-pin cable. Now the unit canít just be used on any system by just plugging it in.

The wireless version of the CM-311A would bring up a whole other set of issues since there isn't a belt pack. wacko.gif
smile.gif