• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 vincetan

vincetan
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 01:46 AM

Hi Brad,

is there any development on the IQ-MC4/8 for the Multi-channel amp to have TCP/IQ feature in the near future?

we are working on a proposal to have all the CTs amplifiers including multi-channel amps to be controlled from a single platform i.e. TCP/IQ.

we are also wondering if there is a work-around way to it at present, prob using the IQ gateway.

Thank you

vincent

#2 rwhite@fielder.org

rwhite@fielder.org
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE(vincetan @ Aug 11 2004, 01:46 AM)
Hi Brad,

is there any development on the IQ-MC4/8 for the Multi-channel amp to have TCP/IQ feature in the near future?

we are working on a proposal to have all the CTs amplifiers including multi-channel amps to be controlled from a single platform i.e. TCP/IQ.

we are also wondering if there is a work-around way to it at present, prob using the IQ gateway.

Thank you

vincent
View Post

Vincent,

I am using the Moxa NPort Express DE-311 with a great deal of success. I have 54 amps in the system (mostly MAs) five of which are CTs4200s. I use my ethernet connection to control everything, including the MC-4s. I just take a line from my switch to the NPort which emulates the serial connection I need to create a current loop system for the MC-4 cards. The only problem I have is the slower display from the current loop system.

Following is a link to the product I use:

http://www.moxa.com/product/NPort_DE-311.htm

I'm sure that there are others that work, but this works well in my system.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Rusty White
Director of Media
Fielder Road Baptist Church

#3 Bradford Benn

Bradford Benn

Power User

• Admin
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 08:51 AM

Hi Brad,

Thank you

vincent
View Post

We are always working on new products and improvements to products. I will add your request for control via TCP/IQ to the list of requests.  We prioritize product development by market needs, so obviously your request will carry some influence.
-=Brad

Bradford Benn
Business Development Manager - Crown International
http://www.crownaudio.com/

#4 vincetan

vincetan
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE(Brad Benn @ Feb 18 2005, 08:51 AM)
Hi Brad,

Thank you

vincent
View Post

We are always working on new products and improvements to products. I will add your request for control via TCP/IQ to the list of requests.  We prioritize product development by market needs, so obviously your request will carry some influence.
View Post

Thank you very much, Rusty and Brad.

Moxa is a one fresh idea.

will experiment with it once i get the chance to.

Thanks.

best regards,
vincent

#5 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE(rwhite@fielder.org @ Feb 17 2005, 10:58 PM)
Hi Brad,

Thank you

vincent
View Post

Vincent,

I am using the Moxa NPort Express DE-311 with a great deal of success. I have 54 amps in the system (mostly MAs) five of which are CTs4200s. I use my ethernet connection to control everything, including the MC-4s. I just take a line from my switch to the NPort which emulates the serial connection I need to create a current loop system for the MC-4 cards. The only problem I have is the slower display from the current loop system.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Rusty White
Director of Media
View Post

Rustry,

Since we have never tested this and we like to offer alternatives that other people have also used-I have a few questions on your setup.
You say you are using only your Ethernet connection. I am assuming then that you are only using one DE-311 and the Ethernet Port of the computer to connect over a network?
Which IQ Software are you using? IQ for Windows or IQwic w/IQGateway?
Is Moxa running an emulation software on the PC to route the Native PC Com Port Driver to TCP/IP?
What are you using as an RS-232 to Current Loop Interface?

#6 rwhite@fielder.org

rwhite@fielder.org
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Apr 19 2005, 02:04 PM)
QUOTE(rwhite@fielder.org @ Feb 17 2005, 10:58 PM)
Hi Brad,

Thank you

vincent
View Post

Vincent,

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Rusty White
Director of Media
View Post

Rustry,

Since we have never tested this and we like to offer alternatives that other people have also used-I have a few questions on your setup.
You say you are using only your Ethernet connection. I am assuming then that you are only using one DE-311 and the Ethernet Port of the computer to connect over a network?
Which IQ Software are you using? IQ for Windows or IQwic w/IQGateway?
Is Moxa running an emulation software on the PC to route the Native PC Com Port Driver to TCP/IP?
What are you using as an RS-232 to Current Loop Interface?
View Post

Brad,

Sorry for the delay, I was talking to your old Crown compatriates at NAB and they say 'Hi'.
Anyway, as to your questions:

"You say you are using only your Ethernet connection. I am assuming then that you are only using one DE-311 and the Ethernet Port of the computer to connect over a network?"

Yes, I am using the Ethernet on a 'closed' network between just the operating PC and the amplifiers. I am using Netgear switches that you had found worked well in your testing network. All the PIP-Lite cards are connected directly to the switches while the  MC-4s are connected via the N-Port. I take a regular ethernet cable from the switch to the Moxa N-Port and from that I take the serial output to a PSI Pocket Interface I had lying around. From there I connect the MC-4s in typical bus loop fashion.

"Which IQ Software are you using? IQ for Windows or IQwic w/IQGateway?"

I am using the latest IQwic software and IQGateway. The only problem I've had is if I've physically powered the amplifiers down (using our Lyntec Sequencer Panels) I find that I can not engage the dataframe. I tell it not to engage then I do an 'upload' from the amplifiers (which are powered off and muted via the IQ software). If I try to  engage the dataframe, it usually locks up on the third MC-4 (all of the PIP-Lites will engage, however). On occassion I've had to reset the PSI by unplugging the power supply and then restart the PC and IQGateway and then IQwic.

"Is Moxa running an emulation software on the PC to route the Native PC Com Port Driver to TCP/IP?"

As far as I can tell the N-Port becomes the actual serial interface with the Moxa software reconfiguring it to be the Com port I want. You may actually have to confer with Moxa for the correct info on that part.

"What are you using as an RS-232 to Current Loop Interface?"

I'm using a Pocket Serial Interface. I thought I'd try that before I bought a new Interface 3 (budget constraints you know dry.gif ).

Everything seems to work quite well except for the dataframe engage problems I mentioned earlier.

If I can be of any additional help, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Rusty

#7 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 09:14 AM

Thanks for the info.
I'll pass your greetings onto Brad.