Firmware

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vibinc

vibinc
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 03:46 PM

I have 10 iTechs in two racks.  All of them have networked successfully, except that one of them (a 4k) shows no firmware information and allows for no control of the amp.  For instance, I can see the amp, all the IP crap is right and all, but when I go to mute the amp, nothing happens.  All the other amps have a Feb. 24, 2004 date on the firmware, this one has no date.  What do I have to do to get this thing to work?

Steve

#2 TJSmith

TJSmith
  • Crown Staff
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:54 PM

Steve

Can you mute the amplifier by pressing and holding down the volume knob on the front panel?

(To mute:  Press in and hold the channel volume knob for 2 seconds.  Upon release of the knob the LCD will flash between mute and the attenuation level.  When the display behaves this way the channel is muted.)

TJ Smith
Electrical Design Engineer
I-Tech Design Team
TJ Smith
Program Manager XTi/CDi/DSi, ITECH
Crown International

#3 vibinc

vibinc
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 03:25 PM

I got it figured out...kinda.  One of the amps is slower to respond than the rest for some reason.  Still not sure why yet.  If you give it a couple seconds longer than the rest of the amps it comes through and everything works just fine.  If you rush it when using the TCPIQ Utility, as I am prone to do, it freaks a little and doesn't see a firmware date.  At that point when you launch IQWIC you may be locked out.  The solution is to close the program and then restart it, if you're patient enough (like 2 to 3 seconds longer) it works just fine.

On another note, we have a 6k that crackles on one side.  What's really strange is that it does it when it's muted and when you pull the signal.  How do we rectify that?

Thanks for the help.

Steve

#4 TJSmith

TJSmith
  • Crown Staff
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 05:04 PM

Steve

On your 6000, cycle the power.  Does the crackle start immediatly or does it take approx 1.5 to 2 minutes for the problem to surface?  Also, what is the 6000's serial number?

Thanks
TJ
TJ Smith
Program Manager XTi/CDi/DSi, ITECH
Crown International