Jump to content


usm810 signal loss


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dmcpherson

dmcpherson
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 01:48 PM

When I power up my system everything works fine for approx 1 hour then I lose output signal in two chanels(the same two each time). After powering system down then restarting it seems to be ok. firmware version is 1.003.  Where do I go from here? I cannot continue shutting dow the system during service.

#2 DGlass

DGlass

    .

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 01:33 PM

I will need a little more information to make a more precise guess.

How long has the device been installed?

Does the front panel display change when this happens?

If so what does it display?

You say "service" does this happen at about the same time in the am/pm/weekday service or is it directly related to the amount of time the unit is on?

Are there any scheduled Events in the Units Event schedular?
Try turning on the master event schedular and then turning it off and see if it continues.

Is there a computer connected to the system?

Are there any scheduled Events in the computers IQ software's event scheduler?

If there are no scheduled events, no change in the display when the system shuts down and turning the Master Event Schedular on and off doesn't fix it-then the unit may need to be repaired or replace depending on how long it has been installed.

A replacement would have to be handled through the company the device was purchased from. Repairs could be done by filling out an RA form on Crown Service web page and getting the unit sent in for repairs.

#3 dmcpherson

dmcpherson
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 07:25 PM

The unit has been in use for 2 1/2 years in our church. The front of the unit does not show any change during the problem. It seems to only happen when the unit has been on for about 1-2 hours. After turning off the whole system and restarting it seems to work just fine. There is no computer hooked up to it when the problem occurs. We have no events scheduled and the scheduler is off. If I reload the current settings from a computer the unit works fine for several weeks before losing output signal again.

#4 DGlass

DGlass

    .

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:43 AM

That's a good one. I can't say I have heard of this exact scenario happening before.
Have you tried turning the master Event Scheduler button on and off yet? If that doesn't clear it up than I am going to recommend that you contact the installer, or the company you purchased it from, and see if they can get it in to us for service. There is a three year warranty on our products so it should still be covered.

#5 dmcpherson

dmcpherson
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 04:00 PM

I did toggle the event manager on then off last night during a rehersal, as well as reloaded the presets and made a few EQ changes. All seems to be working fine for now. I appreciate the help and pretty much had already come to the conclusion that there was more than likely a problem within the processor anyway. The company that installed it keeps telling me the problem is not within the processor, but is more than likely our sound board. Granted our Mackie does have issues but it is sending a signal that is not getting out of the system. We will contact the contractor and give him this info and request he send the unit in for repair.
Thanks again.
David

#6 dmcpherson

dmcpherson
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 03:21 PM

Will uploading tne most current version of firmware possibly solve this problem?
I have noticed when the problem occurs hooking the computer up and starting communications with the 810 solves the problem immediately.
David

#7 DGlass

DGlass

    .

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 08:30 AM

If the problem exists in the USM-810 then installing the latest firmware will probably not resolve the issue. You should still have the contractor look at the system. If they still feel it is a problem with the mixer then the next time it happens you may need to have them monitor the audio output of the mixer to see if it is still producing output to the USM810. This could be done with a Whilwind "Qbox" or similar device. Then you and they would have an idea if it was the 810 or the mixer.