PS8810C TCP/IQ upgrade

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chris

Chris
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 06:39 AM

I have a PS8810C V2.101 that I wish to upgrade to TCP/IQ functionality.

Does it need more than a firmware update and where can I find the required firmware?

Thanks!

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 11:29 AM

To upgrade a Non-TCP/IQ PS-8810C unit to a TCP/IQ unit you will need two pieces of firmware.
The first will be the latest version of the PS-8810C firmware in a CNMxxxx .txt format not the standard .bin format available from our Downloads section. The .txt format is used to upgrade a R-232 units and the .bin file is used to upgrade from one Ethernet version to another. If you will send your Email address to me at dglass@crownintl.com I will email you the most recent firmware .txt file and instructions.
This firmware will need to be installed using the RS-232 port.

NOTE: Do not interrupt the upgrade as this may cause the box to lock up and not function.

After the upgrade the RS-232 port and the Current Loop will no longer function. Control and Monitoring will be done through the Ethernet port. (To have direct connection of a laptop to the PS-8810C TCP/IQ version you will need a Cat5 crossover cable)

The second firmware is for upgrading the Cobranet module that is built into the PS-8810C. This firmware is available from the download section of this Forum.