HELP! Cresnet Control

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bsncsasd

bsncsasd
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:07 PM

Ok, I am in desperate need of some help from smarter people. I am horribly ignorant when it comes to IQ programming.

I have 2 USM-810's that need to have some volumes controlled via a Crestron MP2E. I sort of figure the best way to do this is to use the Crestron Digital Outs to send a little signal to the GPIO DSub37, controlling fader levels for specified inputs via a "Bump Continuously" command. Question #1, is this the best way?

Second, There are two of these things... I need Inputs 1-8 of unit 1 and inputs 1-5 of unit 2 to be controlled by one signal from the Crestron. I.E., inputs from two separate units need to be able to ramp up and down together. They are connected as an IQ Bus, but can they be programmed to be controlled together?

Ok, I think that's it. If anyone could help me ASAP, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

-Becca

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE(bsncsasd @ Feb 26 2007, 07:07 PM)
Ok, I am in desperate need of some help from smarter people. I am horribly ignorant when it comes to IQ programming.

I have 2 USM-810's that need to have some volumes controlled via a Crestron MP2E. I sort of figure the best way to do this is to use the Crestron Digital Outs to send a little signal to the GPIO DSub37, controlling fader levels for specified inputs via a "Bump Continuously" command. Question #1, is this the best way?

Second, There are two of these things... I need Inputs 1-8 of unit 1 and inputs 1-5 of unit 2 to be controlled by one signal from the Crestron. I.E., inputs from two separate units need to be able to ramp up and down together. They are connected as an IQ Bus, but can they be programmed to be controlled together?

Ok, I think that's it. If anyone could help me ASAP, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

-Becca
View Post

Ok, so you have called this in to me in Tech Support, Emailed it in and posted it.  blink.gif
Since we have been discussing this over the phone and email I think we shall keep it to that rather than rehashing all the HEX code here.

But for a simple and quick answer. Yes you can control both units at the same time. The best way is to Bus them together via the Crown Bus, make one an Interface and control both via the serial port of the Interface USM with the Crestron.

Many people have done it and the code hasn't changed in a long time. You will however need to have your Crestron Programmer do it as we don't program Crestrons. biggrin.gif  However we do have a HEX String Message Maker Program I already sent you that will write the basic HEX code. I also believe that Crestron may even already have some macros made as samples. smile.gif