Which Device to Use for a BSS 8810?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jdgroper

jdgroper
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:57 PM

I am doing my first file using a BSS 8810, and find four different devices listed. I am trying to do a system prior to receiving and connecting to the product, so cannot use Component Discovery. I am not using a Cobranet product, so that seems to cut out the ones with the C in the part number, leaving only two. Which one to use? Is the number "V2.00X" a firmware number?

Odd that the data sheet does not make it more obvious that there are two different models: with and without Cobranet.

Thanks in advance for the answer to a simple question.

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 05:05 PM

You would want to be using the IQ for Windows 5.12 software. In there you will find two listing for firmware for the Non-Cobranet PS-8810.
The "BSS PS8810v2.00x is for the early units that had a firmware that began with 2.00....
The "BSS PS8810v2.10x" is for the later units and current production that start with a firmware version 2.10.....
If this is a new unit more than likely you will be using the "BSS PS8810v2.10x" as the last two versions of firmware were v2.100 and v2.101.

If it is a used unit, or one that has been installed for a while, you will need to connect to it to verify the units firmware.

#3 jdgroper

jdgroper
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 05:29 PM

Thank you David.

Yes I am using the latest IQ software, and you have confirmed my guess about the BSS firmware numbers. Since the product is not even on order yet, I will go with the later firmware version. (I just hate to run with my best guess, only to find out that my best guess had nothing to do with the "logic" of whoever named the device!)

again, thanks

John