Microphone placement for meeting room tables

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 truefoe

truefoe
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:05 PM

Need 15 microphones to be placed in close quarters to users but still not in their face or on their desk space in meeting room

I am working in a conference room for the big wigs and they want to get rid of the border mics in favor of some goose neck models. dry.gif   Their thinking is to get back more desk space by getting rid of the table mics.  We use some really nice Crown PCC-170SWO's smile.gif  but they feel they are too restrictive and they keep pushing their laptops in to the mics and breaking the back ends of the XLR connectors.

Any advice out there for a new goose neck model with omni directional pickup patterns?
unsure.gif

#2 MChapman

MChapman

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 04:46 PM

Without knowing more information on the exact nature of the project, it is hard to give more than general information. We do not have any omni pattern gooseneck microphones. However, since you have been using the PCC-170SWO model boundary mic, how about using a gooseneck with the same mic super-cardioid element? I would suggest looking at the Crown LM-300AL since it seems the "big wigs" need more working space. We also have the shorter LM-300A. Please feel free to call for further details.
<span style='color:blue'>J. Mark Chapman
Crown Application Support Technician</span>

#3 fishel

fishel

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:06 PM

I"ve used the LM series before and they do work very well.  The only downside is that they are a bit massive.

If I can be permitted to go off the reservation here, Clock Audio has some great conferencing mics that are a bit more low profile.

also, if you are using 15 mics you really want to stay away from Omni directional models.  I'm assuming you have some sort of auto mixer and it will work gads better if you stick to cardioid mics.
If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."--Jed Babbin