PS 8810 Firmware

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 woodface

woodface
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 05:02 PM

I am having problems upgrading a Prosys 8810 to firmware version 3.101.  While using the TCP/IQ utility to make the update there was an error message that said the Utility could not communicate with the unit any more at about 6% complete.  Now the unit is unresponsive and the front display went dark!!!! I am hoping that there is some kind of reset function. What can I do to fix this.

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 08:12 AM

During the upgrade something happened that halted the upload of the new firmware. If this happens the unit is locked up and there is nothing you can do to reset it. Basically the unit doesn't have enough information to tell it what it is anymore. The only cure is it will have to be returned for service.

#3 woodface

woodface
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 09:53 PM

Thanks for your reply, however I was able to resolve the problem by holding down Both the preset buttons on the front of the unit while pluging it in.  this put the unit into a different mode that allowed it to communcate with IQwic.  This allowed me to put the Firmware on and get the 8810 working again.

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 10:02 AM

That sounds like the LDR (loader) mode. This is usually what's not working when the unit locks up to keep you from communicating with it. You must have got just enough of the firmware installed to have the LDR section loader.

#5 arthuri

arthuri
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 11:43 PM

What is the current version of firmware I should have in my 8810?  We've got two of them, and I'm sure the last time the firmware was updated was in 2002.
Is there an upgrade available on the website???
thanks.
ART

#6 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE(arthuri @ Dec 9 2006, 11:43 PM)
What is the current version of firmware I should have in my 8810?  We've got two of them, and I'm sure the last time the firmware was updated was in 2002.
Is there an upgrade available on the website???
thanks.
ART
View Post

Is this an 8810 or an 8810C (with CobraNet)?