2 replies to this topic

#1 lambroffs

lambroffs

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 06:42 AM

I've got one of those "I'm afraid I know the answer, but I've gotta ask anyway" questions...

Out of ten PIP-USP3's that I have tried to upload firmware V1.101 using TCPIQ Utility V7.0.0.10, two have given me an error midway through upload ("...error uploading, cannot complete") and aborts.  After failed attempts on both PIPs, the Signal/IOC lights are steady green (the other eight successful upgraded amps have red ODEP lights).  I have tried to reset the PIP by holding the reset button with power on and also with it off.  Its not completely toast, because I can still connect to the unit via TCPIQ Utility (it reads the IP and IQ addresses from memory, but the TCP checkbox column does not light up, and every time I try to reinitialize firmware upgrade it errors-out midway through).

Is there any way to salvage this situation short of pulling the PIPs and sending them out to for repair?  Any advice on running a smooth firmware upload?  I am guilty of having a few other programs running in the background, but I'm on a relatively new laptop with plenty of speed and RAM.  

Scott Lambroff

#2 Bradford Benn

Bradford Benn

Power User

• Admin
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 08:56 AM

This may resolve the issue. Try cycling power to the amplifier while pressing the reset button on PIP card and holding it for a count of three.
-=Brad

Bradford Benn
Business Development Manager - Crown International
http://www.crownaudio.com/

#3 lambroffs

lambroffs

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:06 AM

I tried that and got nowhere.  It still shows up red in TCPIQ Utility, and it won't complete a firmware upload.  IQWiq does not recognize it.

Scott