15 replies to this topic

#16 digimax

digimax
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Apr 18 2007, 01:03 PM) View Post
QUOTE(digimax @ Apr 17 2007, 01:37 AM) View Post
sad.gif I posted my problem over a month ago about the sync divice  pop up with no response.  Am I the only one having this problem.
Digimax

Basically what is happening is the amps are dropping off line and as they come back on line the software needs to sync to them.
Here are a few things to check:

*Verify each amp has a different HiQnet address. By default when a new USB XTi/CDi/DSi is plugged in System Architect wants to address it as address 1 duplicate address could cause syncing issues.

*Make sure you are using a powered USB HUB (one that uses an external power supply and doesn't draw its power from the USB connection) and that it is switched to be self powered.
If the USB HUB is not self powered the amps could loose connection randomly causing the issue you are describing.

I have checked the addressing I have seperate addresses on each amp. My hubs are powered. I have even changed out the hubs. I dont think it is a cable issue because the problem jumps around between each of my eight amps ramdomly. Is there something else I could check.
Thanks       Gary