Signal light always on

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 paulgallanter

paulgallanter
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 06:28 PM

I just got an Xti - 2000 new out of the box from a local dealer.  The channel one signal light is always on, System Architect shows constant and significant input (although there is no hum or noise) and there is signal going to the speaker with the dial full off.  

The signal light is also stays on with no input or output wires attached.  I did program the amp but also tested it with DSP off.  The condition remains the same.  Also the firmware was updated from your website.

Should I exchange this amp or send it to you or other?

Thank you, paul gallanter

#2 Rippee

Rippee
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:11 PM

is it in bridge mono mode....  surley this is just showing that your amp has signal.. which is a good thing!  if it didn't show it.. then you whould probley be in trouble.  if you only plug the amp in.. not hooked up to nothing what happens?  i mean no speaker contected, mixer ect... just pluged in... when you do so make sure everything is down.... vol.....

QUOTE(paulgallanter @ Dec 28 2006, 04:28 PM)
I just got an Xti - 2000 new out of the box from a local dealer.  The channel one signal light is always on, System Architect shows constant and significant input (although there is no hum or noise) and there is signal going to the speaker with the dial full off. 

The signal light is also stays on with no input or output wires attached.  I did program the amp but also tested it with DSP off.  The condition remains the same.  Also the firmware was updated from your website.

Should I exchange this amp or send it to you or other?

Thank you, paul gallanter
View Post

#3 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 10:08 AM

If there is nothing connected to the amp, it is turned down and you are still showing signal and having output then it sounds like there is possibly a DSP issue. Since it is brand new I would get back with the dealer and get a replacement. It is rare but DSPs can develop issues.

#4 paulgallanter

paulgallanter
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Dec 29 2006, 10:08 AM)
If there is nothing connected to the amp, it is turned down and you are still showing signal and having output then it sounds like there is possibly a DSP issue. Since it is brand new I would get back with the dealer and get a replacement. It is rare but DSPs can develop issues.
View Post

My dealer is less than helpful about exchanging or repairing the item.  Should I bring it to an authorized service shop or ship it to the factory?

#5 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 12:32 PM

The dealer shouldn't have to worry about anything other than calling us to have the replacement done. We would even have it shipped directly to you and have UPS email you a free of charge Return Shipping Label. If they do not want to deal with it than you will either have to get it to a Authorized Crown Service Center ( http://www.crownaudio.com/support/servcent.htm ) or back to us for service. If you choose to send it back to us you should go to our web site at: http://crownweb.crownintl.com/crownrma/ and create an SRA (Service Return Authorization). Once you have the SRA number call into our Service Department with that number and they will have UPS issue you a free of charge Return Shipping Label. If you also need a box let them know at that time and they will have one sent to you as well.
My apologies for the inconvenience. If you will PM me the dealers name I will see what I can do about getting our sales people to talk to them about it.