XTi4000 Firmware update problem

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ORCordova

ORCordova
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 05:13 PM

I downloaded the newest SA version 1.3 and firmware update for XTi amps. I have 6 XTi4000 amps that need new firmware, they display FW 1.0.8

I followed the instructions in the PDF file for SA installation and, and then for the C Loader V2.18 and the only file that I find in the download is an XTI11110.s file. I click on this one and the software says "Firmware does not support S-record format, use intelHex File" So I want to know where do I go from here? The file is the wrong type and wrong version number. Thankfully when I connect the amp to the computer, it is recognized by windows, I just can't update the firmware.

I also have another problem, one amp has the signal LED lit on channel 2 with no audio connected to it, is this something normal?

Another amp has a problem where it intermitently cuts channel 1 in and out, shows signal LEDs but not signal to speakers, diifferent cables, speakers and no avail.

I am using these amps on on a JBL VRX system and they work exceptionally great, iI know I-techs would feed these alo better but until the money flows, these will do. Thank you guys for your help in advance.

Oscar

#2 danber

danber
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 04:01 PM

I am having the same problem.  The new release of SA seems to have been released with the S-Record file type instead of the hex file type.  I also have an XTI2000 that is cutting off when the signal light is on.  I have to shut the amp off and back on or change  presets to get rid of the problem.  The same channel has an issue with the volume knob.  When it is turned all the way down, I still have sound coming out of the speakers.  Not very much but some, about the same as if my other amps are set on two clicks from the off position.  I have emailed hiqnet@crownaudio.com but have not received a response.  If anyone has any knowledge about the S-Record problem or the cutting off problem please let me know.

#3 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:25 PM

Our apologies it appears that when the Harman Spftware Development Group posted the latest SA download they omitted certain files. This was found out last week during the Holiday shutdown and is supposed to be corrected shortly. Untill that time if you will PM me with your email addresses I will email you the necessary file to update your XTi amps.

#4 mon_t

mon_t
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Jan 2 2007, 12:25 PM)
Our apologies it appears that when the Harman Spftware Development Group posted the latest SA download they omitted certain files. This was found out last week during the Holiday shutdown and is supposed to be corrected shortly. Untill that time if you will PM me with your email addresses I will email you the necessary file to update your XTi amps.
View Post

Dear Sir,

I have the same problem above mentioned. Please advice. my email add XXXXXXXXXXX@XXXXX.XXX
thanks --

#5 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE(mon_t @ Jan 18 2007, 12:40 AM)
QUOTE(DGlass @ Jan 2 2007, 12:25 PM)
View Post

Dear Sir,

I have the same problem above mentioned. Please advice. my email add XXXXXXXXXXX@XXXXX.XXX
thanks --
View Post

I have removed your email address from your post as it is not a good idea to openly post your email address. There are people out there that have programs that burrow through web sites looking for email address to clone and use for themselves. If you need to send me your email address please use this Forums Personnel Message (PM) system to send it to me.

I will be sending you the information you need shortly by email.
smile.gif

#6 kevwreck

kevwreck
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 06:54 PM

I have the same update problem with my xti-1000 amp.  Can you send me the necessary files also.

#7 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE(kevwreck @ Feb 18 2007, 06:54 PM)
I have the same update problem with my xti-1000 amp.  Can you send me the necessary files also.
View Post

Please PM me with you email address as I do not have access to your email addresses. smile.gif

#8 Gilbz

Gilbz

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 01:23 PM

I'm currently downloading SA 1.3 and have just come across this thread.

Has it been updated on the HiQnet site?

I'm guessing it hasn't cause it still says 1.3  unsure.gif  blink.gif

Cheers

#9 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE(Gilbz @ Feb 25 2007, 01:23 PM)
I'm currently downloading SA 1.3 and have just come across this thread.

Has it been updated on the HiQnet site?

I'm guessing it hasn't cause it still says 1.3  unsure.gif  blink.gif

Cheers
View Post

No it has not.
System Architect software and software releases are done by the Harman Pro - Software Development Group not by Crown. Part of there schedule is to release upates and new releases every three months (4 times a year on the quarter)

#10 Gilbz

Gilbz

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 12:27 PM

Thanks

Got the updated files smile.gif

Just a quick question!
I have the .Hex file and the .s

I guess I just upload the .Hex?

This uploads no problem but the .s doesn't but it does once I do the .Hex blink.gif

Do I have to do both? (hides away in shame!)

#11 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE(Gilbz @ Feb 26 2007, 12:27 PM)
Thanks

Got the updated files smile.gif

Just a quick question!
I have the .Hex file and the .s

I guess I just upload the .Hex?

This uploads no problem but the .s doesn't but it does once I do the .Hex blink.gif

Do I have to do both? (hides away in shame!)
View Post

No you do not have to do both they both contain the same information.

#12 dbnoaol

dbnoaol
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE(danber @ Dec 31 2006, 04:01 PM) View Post
.... When it is turned all the way down, I still have sound coming out of the speakers.  Not very much but some, about the same as if my other amps are set on two clicks from the off position.  I have emailed hiqnet@crownaudio.com but have not received a response.  If anyone has any knowledge about the S-Record problem or the cutting off problem please let me know.

I also have that problem with xti4000, dont know what to do about it.

#13 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE(dbnoaol @ Nov 30 2008, 04:39 PM) View Post
QUOTE(danber @ Dec 31 2006, 04:01 PM) View Post
.... When it is turned all the way down, I still have sound coming out of the speakers.  Not very much but some, about the same as if my other amps are set on two clicks from the off position.  I have emailed hiqnet@crownaudio.com but have not received a response.  If anyone has any knowledge about the S-Record problem or the cutting off problem please let me know.

I also have that problem with xti4000, dont know what to do about it.

I have sent the files to your email address as per your request in a PM.

Note: It should be noted if the XTi amps have firmware version 1.1.0.15 or greater the CLoader program is not needed as System Architect can be used to update the amp. Each release of System Architect  has the then most current version of firmware. The latest version of System Architect is 1.80.1 and the latest XTi firmware included in it is version 1.1.5.6. The fimware and CLoader program can be used if there is a problem with using System Architect however System Architect is faster and easier to use if there isnít an issue.

#14 bfields

bfields
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:02 PM

I just bought a used XTI 1000. The firmware needs to be updated.  It has 1.0.8 on it. Can anyone help me out with the correct files that are needed to update? I get the S-file error. Need those Hex Files. I looked through the whole forum to see if I could find them. Did I miss them somewhere here? Also, I couldn't find the Hex files on the Harman site. Thanks in advance.

#15 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:23 PM

Please send me an email and I'll send you the files - kevin.heber@harman.com