XTI2000 no display

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rukee

Rukee
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 09:25 AM

Just got back from factory repair a brand new XTI2000 that about 1 out of 10 cold boots will have no display and the db, clip and thermal lights will all be lit constant. A quick reboot or two does nothing. The amp seems to work fine and after a song or two the clip lights will start working and once they do I can reboot the amp and get the display back. The firmware was updated as well as some factory upgrade. Is this acting like a bad firmware flash?? Should it go back again?? Thanks for any responses.

#2 ozob

ozob

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 01:34 PM

I highly doubt it's the firmware or anything you have control over.  As best I can tell from web searching audio forums and my own expierience is a significant number of these amps are just plain bad.  No good advise but I'll add that my "returned from the factory for repairs" XTi 4000 is still not working either.   mad.gif   It cuts in and out, changes volume, changes eq, makes snapping noises and generally sounds like crap!   Completely ruined my Friday night show.  I pulled it out of my rak and put in my CE4000 - everything perfect!  I'll be on the phone Tuesday morning with Crown trying to get satisfaction - once and for all - and be done with it.  I've read here that there are thousands of XTi's out in the field working great.   blink.gif  I sure would like to get my hands on one of THOSE!

#3 danber

danber
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 04:18 PM

I am dis-satisfied also.  I have purchased a total of five XTI amps and one has what looks like black ink in the display.  Two have the cutting in and out problem while the signal light is lite and one when you are using the Y input, when the volume knob is all the way down, sound still comes out of the speakers.  I have a show tonight and fear a gig nightmare and I am charging very good money for NYE.  I unfortunately do not have any backup amps so I am stuck.  I have emailed Crown and hiqnet@crownaudio.com and have not received a response since I sent the email on 12/23/06.  I understand its during the holidays but people with shows coming up need support.  I also read on the forums how good Crown is with support but have also seen where they are not doing such a great job such as you saying you received an amp from the factory that still does not work.

#4 Tony3d

Tony3d

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 06:10 PM

What is going on with Crown? I just bought an XTI-2000 for use in my home stereo based on my Crown IC-150's performance and all the great stuff I have heard about Crown. Lately all I'm hearing is very negative feedback both here and other websites. You don't even want to see what they think of Crown over at Prosoundweb.com. I have been a Crown supporter for many years, and this XTI-2000 is the first new Crown I have bought in the last 30 years. I Got it for Christmas and still haven't had the time to set it up. I sure hope I didn't make a big mistake. I'm giving Crown the benefit of the doubt here because of their generally stainless record in the past, but these things can easily blow up in the face of manufactures. Just look at the Bose bashing threads even though very few are even justified, I don't see how Bose can sell anything with all that bad press out there. I truely wish the best for Crown and really hope they can get a hold on their issues. Out of all the products I have bought over the years, my faithful IC-150 keeps plugin on.

#5 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:48 PM

Thank you Tony for the support.
Our apologies for any service issues some of you may have experienced. If you are having an issue with a serviced unit the best thing to do is get right back in contact with Crown Factory Service. They can than issue you a return shipping label for immediate shipping and if needed schedule you in for a fast turn around.

update 1/3/06
Our Service Department is trying to contact each of you however.......... One of you gave a fictitious name in your Forum Profile and it will be impossible for us to contact you. As this is a violations of the Fourm if you do not correct this we will be forced to remove you from the Forum. This is not your screen name. This is your profile information and is only used if we need to get in contact with you. Your contact information is kept private and confidential as a mater of fact other than basic name, city, state and country I have access to very little of that info. This is why I have to ask posters to PM me with their real email addresses to send out files. So please if you havenít done so use real names in your profile. Thanks smile.gif

#6 ozob

ozob

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:05 AM

CUSTOMER SERVICE - FIVE STARS !!!

Just got off the phone with Crown factory service rep and their proposed resolution to my situation was most excellent.  They are making it right.  Can't ask for more.   biggrin.gif

#7 Rukee

Rukee
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Jan 2 2007, 04:48 PM)
If you are having an issue with a serviced unit the best thing to do is get right back in contact with Crown Factory Service.

Thanks. That`s just what I did. They instructed me to remove the top cover and reseat at the main board the ribbon wire connecter from the display. All seems good now. I`ll report back if it starts acting up again. Thank you. smile.gif