Jump to content


I-tech Upgrade Problem


  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 halllc87

halllc87
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 07:33 PM

First let me say I am a huge fan of the I-techs. So you can only dream of how bothered I was when I tried to upgrade the firmware and I lost all high frequencies.

Now I have read through other forums and, either people are having worse problems then I or the issue is being looked at from the wrong angles.

The first time I tried to upgrade was from version 1.3 to 2.0 and a low pass showed up on channel one in all 8 of my amps. It was set at -10Db and 198Hz. Thinking it was just a bug in the program I downgraded back to 1.3 and waited for another version to come out. Now I tried it again with 2.0.5 and rain into the same problem. Thinking it was an issue between the latest Iqwic and I-tech firmware; I located a copy of 2.0.3 and continued having the same problem.

To add to the problem the previous dataframes created over time were completely destroyed...all with the same random eq curves on the same frequencies!!!

Someone please help me so that I may enjoy the full, up to date functionality and integration of Harman networking

#2 DGlass

DGlass

    .

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 04:59 PM

In the System Architect 2.x firmware versions memory allocations have been moved around from the IQwic 1.x versions and renamed. Because of this change updating from a 1.x version to a 2.x version will cause weird occurrences with trying to get a file made with older IQwic firmware to install into devices with the newer 2.x software (made to be compatible with the HiQnet System Architect software).

If you are not using System Architect software there is no need to update. If you are going to use System Architect you will need to remake you files after that they will be compatable with the newer firmware layout.