#1 hotgem

hotgem

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:41 AM

Hello,

One of our ce4000 is not used for a long time. it was on our rack and it is plugged anytime in our gig but not used.

trouble is when we try to use it, no power light, all fault and clip lights are blinking.
----no power light----all fault and clip lights are blinking.

is there anything we could fix it? fuse is in good condition. only two years old in service

Please help.

The amp is totally dead...
Or is there anyone who could help us how to obtain warranty procedures? it was still in the warranty period

Many thanks,
Russel

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:00 AM

The warranty on our amplifiers is three years. If you have the original sales receipt we can use that date as the start of the warranty otherwise we will go by the date code on the back of the amplifier. Ususally there will be a four digit code on the serial number sticker. The middle two digits will be the month of manufacture the outer two will be the year. So a code of 0115 would be November of 2005 etc.
To return an amplifier in for Crown Factory Service you will need to go online to our Factory service web site at: http://crownweb.crownintl.com/crownrma/ and create an SRA before sending it in.

If the amplifier is still under warranty, by contacting Crown Factory Service 1.800.342.6939 x8205 with your SRA# we can have UPS send you a free return shipping label and a even a shipping box if you need one.

Our Web site also lists Fatory Authorized Service Centers around the country that are trained and authorized to do Warranty Service as well at: http://www.crownaudio.com/support/servcent.htm smile.gif

Note: the above Warranty Service information applies to inside the US.

#3 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:03 AM

My apologies........ I just noticed you are from the Philippines. You will need to contact our distributor there for sevice as well as Warranty Service.

Audiophile Components Inc
1142 Pres. Quirino Avenue Ext.,
Paco, Manila, 1007
Philippines
PH: 63-2-562-7828 / 561-6794 / 588-0918 / 588-0919 / 564-1720
FAX: 63-2-564-1720

#4 hotgem

hotgem

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Dec 11 2006, 11:03 AM)
My apologies........ I just noticed you are from the Philippines. You will need to contact our distributor there for sevice as well as Warranty Service.

Paco, Manila, 1007
Philippines
View Post

Hello sir,

The CE4000 is purchased, actually got two of them. we bought it in midweststereo.com  thru online
Order#1791
Date: April 1, 2004

So I guess it was still covered in warranty.

Actually we had a bad experience in here. once the units had delivered in my co-partner, it was shipped here in the philippines. not knowing that the two units are defective, full of scratches and dents. We talked to midweststereo 'bout the said case and their sales rep. apologize, telling us that they dont stock bulk units. Crown representative gave them a reported defective unit, tracing on their serials.

they give us a new replacement while the two defective units are here in the philippines. and it happens that one of our relative went home here with the new replacements. in short, they give us replacement first then returning the defective ones, they told us that warranty is still not in use 'cause the first ones with their serials are reported defective ones according to the findings of crown rep.

So is it possible that my one unit be warrantied here in the philippines?
Cause it has a lot of shipment cost if we'll bring these in the us.

I know musicbox dau  philippines is also
your authorized dealer.

any help sir?
wait for your reply

many thanks,

#5 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE(hotgem @ Dec 11 2006, 11:34 AM)

Paco, Manila, 1007
Philippines
View Post

Hello sir,

The CE4000 is purchased, actually got two of them. we bought it in midweststereo.com  thru online
Order#1791

Actually we had a bad experience in here. once the units has delivered in my our co partner, it was shipped here in the philippines. not knowing that the two units are defective, full of scratches and dents. we talk to midweststereo the said case and their sales rep. apologies. told us that they dont stock bulk units. only order basis. so they told us the there is an error in one of their crown dealer.

theyre give us a new replacement while the two defective units are here in the philippines. and it happens that one of our relative went home here with the new replacements. in short, they give us replacement first then returning the defective ones, they told us that warranty is still not in use 'cause the first ones with their serials are reported defective ones.

your authorized dealer.

any help sir?
wait for your reply

many thanks,
View Post

If you purchased the unit in the US it will need to come back to the US for Warranty Service. You will need to get the amp back into the US and send it to Crown from a US address that we could return it to.

International Distributors are not required to service units they did not import and sell.

#6 hotgem

hotgem

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Dec 11 2006, 11:46 AM)

Paco, Manila, 1007
Philippines
View Post

Hello sir,

Order#1791

Actually we had a bad experience in here. once the units has delivered in my our co partner, it was shipped here in the philippines. not knowing that the two units are defective, full of scratches and dents. we talk to midweststereo the said case and their sales rep. apologies. told us that they dont stock bulk units. only order basis. so they told us the there is an error in one of their crown dealer.

theyre give us a new replacement while the two defective units are here in the philippines. and it happens that one of our relative went home here with the new replacements. in short, they give us replacement first then returning the defective ones, they told us that warranty is still not in use 'cause the first ones with their serials are reported defective ones.

your authorized dealer.

any help sir?
wait for your reply

many thanks,
View Post

If you purchased the unit in the US it will need to come back to the US for Warranty Service. You will need to get the amp back into the US and send it to Crown from a US address that we could return it to.

International Distributors are not required to service units they did not import and sell.
View Post

So probably got the Idea sir. We'll try to make the arrangements so that we could bring it back right there in the us.

Or if doesnt materialize,  we'll try to ask your authorized service center if they could fix Ce4000's. Ive heard that they had a lot of ce4000's that was not repaired, in their case. but well try to inquire before letting it go to US.

Thank you very much sir with you kind support to us. Hope that we can still ask some info's on other future cases regarding to our crown amps.

Many thanks,
russel

#7 hotgem

hotgem

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE(hotgem @ Dec 11 2006, 11:57 AM)
QUOTE(DGlass @ Dec 11 2006, 11:46 AM)

Paco, Manila, 1007
Philippines
View Post

Hello sir,

Order#1791

your authorized dealer.

any help sir?
wait for your reply

many thanks,
View Post

View Post

So probably got the Idea sir. We'll try to make the arrangements so that we could bring it back right there in the us.

Or if doesnt materialize,  we'll try to ask your authorized service center if they could fix Ce4000's. Ive heard that they had a lot of ce4000's that was not repaired, in their case. but well try to inquire before letting it go to US.

Thank you very much sir with you kind support to us. Hope that we can still ask some info's on other future cases regarding to our crown amps.

Many thanks,
russel
View Post

Hello sir,

Can we request for a Pdf schematics of ce4000 or maybe a service manual.
We'll try to inspect the units. We had a feel that it was only on the power supply since it was not overdrive, the primary cause of its trouble is not using the unit for a long time. probably on power supply, some intermittent problem. We checked already the fuse. it is in good condition. but we hear some clicking pulse on the transformer. And we notice too that there's a lot of testpoints. Maybe if we could have its schematics, we can have a brief troubleshooting of whats the cause of its dead status

CE 4000
Serial no: A106642

My email Add: richelleou@yahoo.com
Thanks again sir,
Russel

#8 Bud Bolf

Bud Bolf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 07:04 PM

Hello sir,

We'll try to inspect the units. We had a feel that it was only on the power supply since it was not overdrive, the primary cause of its trouble is not using the unit for a long time. probably on power supply, some intermittent problem. We checked already the fuse. it is in good condition. but we hear some clicking pulse on the transformer. And we notice too that there's a lot of testpoints. Maybe if we could have its schematics, we can have a brief troubleshooting of whats the cause of its dead status

CE 4000

Thanks again sir,
Russel

Hi Russel,
Here is the info:

1)CE4000 Service Manual

2) CE4000 Schematics

3) Crown Web Page that this info came from

For what it would cost you in "Time" and "Transportation Costs" to the USA,  
you might want to take the CE4000 to a Authorized Svc. Center in the Philippines.
Yes you would have to pay for the repair but in the end it may be cheaper and much quicker in the long run!
You may get lucy and it is a easy repair, ask for an estimate first.
BUT...If it turns out that it will be a MAJOR (Costly) REPAIR,  
then think about sending it back to the Ole USA!

Good luck,
     Bud

#9 hotgem

hotgem

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE(Bud Bolf @ Dec 11 2006, 07:04 PM)
Hello sir,

CE 4000

Thanks again sir,
Russel

Hi Bud,
Thank you very much. we got the Pdf files. Try to explore it right now.
More power to the company.

Russel

Hi Russel,
Here is the info:

1)CE4000 Service Manual

2) CE4000 Schematics

3) Crown Web Page that this info came from

For what it would cost you in "Time" and "Transportation Costs" to the USA,  
you might want to take the CE4000 to a Authorized Svc. Center in the Philippines.
Yes you would have to pay for the repair but in the end it may be cheaper and much quicker in the long run!
You may get lucy and it is a easy repair, ask for an estimate first.
BUT...If it turns out that it will be a MAJOR (Costly) REPAIR,  
then think about sending it back to the Ole USA!

Good luck,
     Bud
View Post