Crestron &/or AMX control

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mikeh

mikeh
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 08:46 AM

Getting ready to install an USM-810 (firmware 1.0).  I downloaded the Crestron demo to see how it operates, but I believe the com port locks up and control is no more.  Anybody how similar issues w/ Crestron or AMX?

Just throwing out ideas.

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 12:52 PM

After going to Crestron's site I found that they require their unit and our USM-810 to be at the same Baud rate. So I would check that first.
Next, you say that the USM-810's firmware version is "1.0". Is that 1.000, 1.002, 1.003, 1.004? The latest firmware version for the USM810 is 1.010. If you have any of the previous versions, update the firmware to v.1.010 and then try their controller sample.
Both the firmware and the USM Loader program are available from the Download section of this forum. Follow the instructions precisely and do not stop the loader once it has started.

#3 mikeh

mikeh
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 07:15 AM

it was @ 1.001.  i'm upgrading it to 1.1 now.

need the 810 to work w/ AMX, but it's easier (atleast for me) to see the serial strings from the crestron module.  i'm using the AMX code as a base, but what they created is pretty long.

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 08:32 AM

Mike,
Do you have our Developers Kit?
We can provide a Developers Kit for use in creating commands strings for Third party controllers such as AMX and Crestron with an emailed request to: support@iqaudiosystems.com

The U-code Developers Kit contains the material needed to write HEX strings for control and monitoring of our Legacy IQ Bus Loop components over the RS-232 communication standard and an IQ interface device. These IQ Bus Loop components include the USP-2 and the USM-810. With the examples you have already you should be able to make and test the strings you need.

As a note for anyone wanting to request a Developers Kit:
As the U-code and UDP Devlopers Kits are the protocol materials, not training guides, it is expected that persons receiving these Kits have some knowledge in the use and general deployment in the particular format they request. i.e.RS-232 or Ethernet UDP. If you would like to request one of these kits an emailed request is required, for our review before we can send either of the Kits. Requests should be emailed to: support@iqaudiosystems.com

#5 mikeh

mikeh
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 09:12 AM

sent in a request yesterday, but haven't heard anything.  i went back and read previous posts just to make sure i wasn't asking something that has been discussed yet.

i sent a request to the support email

is this kit able to be emailed?

#6 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 09:32 AM

Mike
It's on it's way to you via Email.

#7 johnsonR

johnsonR
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 08:52 PM

Mike,
  I too have had a terrible time with the crown bss usm810 prosys whatever. I constantly had to reboot my crestron controller and sometimes reload the program just so that I could get the thing to work.

Well one day I decided to watch my strings as they came back from the USM 810 on my com port to see why things were jamming or not responding. Well, figured it out. After countless hours of reading and tracing the Crestorn module you can download, I found that a buffer symbol preceded by a toggle was not triggering the closing of the recieving serial signals. This would cause the crestron module to panic as the strings would concantenate and result in a jammed com port.

The *beep*dest thing solved. I commented out the recieve string logic, and never more has the crown crashed my crestron controller.

Well now I have no feed back. So I bought a BSS 9088 and have never looked back. The module runs so smooth.

Just thought I would let you know.

tres