4 replies to this topic

#1 lambroffs

lambroffs

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 01:08 PM

We use a Crestron control system to GET and SET various PIP-USP3 parameters by sending HEX strings over TCP-IP formatted in accordance with your protocol spec.  While searching Crestron's website, I found a Sept 2000 press release touting a Crestron/Crown partnership that was to replace the tedious HEX string commands with Crestron e-control integration.  I can find only a brief mention of e-control in the IQ NETServer page, but no details on how to setup the interface.  On the opposite side of the fence, Crestron does not list any Crown modules ("macros") on their site and tech support is limited to their registered dealers only.  Did this e-control partnership pan out and where can I find specifics?

Scott

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 10:44 AM

Scott

I think your post might be a little confusing for some of our subscribers so I will try to clarify a few items you have mentioned.

As a service we provide two different developers Kits for use in developing commands for Third party controllers such as AMX and Crestron.

The first Kit is the U-code Developers Kit. This kit contains the material needed to write HEX strings for control and monitoring of our Legacy IQ Bus Loop components over the RS-232 communication standard and an IQ interface device. These IQ Bus Loop components include the USP-2 and the USM-810.

Second is our UDP developers Kit. It has the materials need to write UDP commands for use with our newer Ethernet based IQ components and the newer Ethernet based third party controllers. Devices that can be controlled using UDP/IQ are the USP PIP-Lite, the USP-3, USP-3 the USP-3CN and the BSS Prosys PS-8810C.

At this time there are no prepackaged, pre-made, ready to use, off the shelf Macros that you can just Plug and Play into a third party Ethernet controller-there are just to may variables. There are however several people at Crestron and AMX that are knowledgeable of our IQ systems control protocols. They should be able to assist you in the development and use of their Ethernet products with our protocols through their dealers. They have our developers kits/protocols and have worked with others to develop their control/monitoring systems.

As a note for anyone wanting to request these protocols:
As the Kits are the protocol materials, not a training guide, it is expected that persons receiving these Kits have some knowledge in the use and general deployment in the particular format they have requested i.e.RS-232 or Ethernet UDP. If you would like to request one of these kits an emailed request is required, for our review before we can send either of the Kits. You should email your request to: support@iqaudiosystems.com

#3 controlworks

controlworks
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:53 AM

We have recently released a set of modules to allow a Crestron processor to control a BSS PS-8810C mixer via UDP/IQ.  These allow you to control basic functions such as input and output volume, matrix crosspoint volume, presets, scenes, and the logic port.  If you need control of other parameters or devices via UDP/IQ, feel free to contact us to take a look at your application.  

For more information you can check out our website at:

Crestron Modules for BSS PS-8810C

Tom Barnett, CTS-D
ControlWorks Consulting, LLC

#4 controlworks

controlworks
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 01:24 PM

An update to the link posted above (I tried to edit it but got an error)

The page for our Crestron modules for the BSS PS-8810C is:

Crestron Modules for BSS PS-8810c Mixers

Tom Barnett, CTS-D

#5 controlworks

controlworks
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 01:26 PM

We have also added Crestron modules for the Crown PIP-USP3CN cards, which are of course supported by a variety of Crown power amplifiers.

Crestron Modules for Crown PIP-USP3CN Cards

Tom Barnett, CTS-D