Xti -- and another thing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 rickrock

rickrock
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 09:14 PM

I couldn't get my banana plugs in the binding posts, and found the holes in the top, so I used those, but this doesn't seem right.  Then I found the part of the manual that said the plugs are there in European models. so Europeans wouldn't plug in power cords by accident.  So, do I have European models?  And should I send them back and get some made for the good ol' USA?  Or are these amps really the same thing, but for these stupid plugs?

much obliged
rickrock

#2 Robson

Robson

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE(rickrock @ Nov 19 2006, 09:14 PM)
I couldn't get my banana plugs in the binding posts, and found the holes in the top, so I used those, but this doesn't seem right.  Then I found the part of the manual that said the plugs are there in European models. so Europeans wouldn't plug in power cords by accident.  So, do I have European models?  And should I send them back and get some made for the good ol' USA?  Or are these amps really the same thing, but for these stupid plugs?

much obliged
rickrock
View Post

All amps ship with the plugs in the binding posts so the Europeans cant blow stuff up (and to meet legal requirments).

All Xti amps are manufactured and ship from Elkhart Indiana US of A.

Cheers

Rob

#3 Kim Holst

Kim Holst
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 05:38 AM

You can justremove the plastic-things that are put in the holes.

Take a little knife or something and take them out.

Best regards
Kim
Europe

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE(rickrock @ Nov 19 2006, 09:14 PM)
I couldn't get my banana plugs in the binding posts, and found the holes in the top, so I used those, but this doesn't seem right.† Then I found the part of the manual that said the plugs are there in European models. so Europeans wouldn't plug in power cords by accident.† So, do I have European models?† And should I send them back and get some made for the good ol' USA?† Or are these amps really the same thing, but for these stupid plugs?

much obliged
rickrock
View Post

I think I know what you are doing.  
You are trying to plug your speaker wire banana plugs into the Binding Postís bare wire hold downs. The holes on the top of the Banana Plugs are desiged for the placement of bare wires to be inserted and then by screwing down the Banana post you will tighten down on the wire.
The ends of the amplifierís Binding Posts have plastic plugs that need to be removed for using banana plugs. We are required to install safety plugs into the Banana Plug portion of the Binding Posts for Europe. This is to keep anyone in Europe from plugging their European power plug into the amplifierís Banana plug outputs. It just so happens that the European power plug has about the same diameter and width as a Banana Plug.
Remove these plugs, from the inside ends of the Banana Plugs, with a small screw driver and you will be able to plug in your speaker wire's banana plugs with no problem. smile.gif