XLS 602 stopped working?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 JoeST

JoeST
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 10:58 PM

I need some help here as the title says I have a XLS 602 that just quit for no apparent reason. I've had the amp now for about 6months without ever having any problems & today when I turned it on I got nothing.
I am useing the amp in my home theater set up with one side powering my center channel & the other powering my IB (sub system). The load on each channel is 4.8ohms on the center & 4ohms on the sub side. I also have another 602 & a 402 being used for my mains & surround channels that have no problems yet driving similar loads.
I have tryed everything I can to make sure it wasent a connection that had went bad & still nothing. I swapped cables, speaker wires, speakers, power cords outlets & so on. I'm not getting any fault light or anything out of the ordanary just not any sound. I did notice however that if I turn the gain on my pre amp all the way up that you can just barley start to hear something coming through but it other wise will not play.
Is there anyone who can shed some light on this matter. As of now it looks like Im going to have to send it in to be serviced, but would like to avoid that if I can. This has been the only problem I have ever had with any of these amps & would like to keep the down time as short as possable.

Thanks for any help.... Joe

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 03:51 PM

From this discription it would be hard to say what could be causing the problem as this is not a know issue with that amp. I would say your best bet is to get it in for service.
All our amplifiers have a 3-year warranty so if it still under warranty I would have you go to our Web site at: http://crownweb.crownintl.com/crownrma/ and set up an SRA (Serivce Return Authorization). Once you have the SRA number, generated at the end of the process, call back to our Factory Service Department and they can have UPS send you a Return Shipping Label so you will not even have to pay for shipping.
If it is not under warranty than still create the SRA on line and send the amp back to us to be looked at.

#3 JoeST

JoeST
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 05:37 PM

Thanks, I did fill out the SRA sunday, & shipped it off for service today.
I was hoping for a simple solution, as it is used in my home theater system & is used almost daily. I can go without it being that I still have another 602 & a 402, but I just don't like being without one of my toys wink.gif

How long dose it normally take for a turn around on most service items? I know I can expect some delay with Thanksgiving this week, I'm just hoping to not be out for too long.
Thanks again...

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE(JoeST @ Nov 20 2006, 05:37 PM)
Thanks, I did fill out the SRA sunday, & shipped it off for service today.
I was hoping for a simple solution, as it is used in my home theater system & is used almost daily. I can go without it being that I still have another 602 & a 402, but I just don't like being without one of my toys wink.gif

How long dose it normally take for a turn around on most service items? I know I can expect some delay with Thanksgiving this week, I'm just hoping to not be out for too long.
Thanks again...
View Post

As turn around time varies from day to day and week to week I would recommend you contact our Service Department (1.800.342.6939 x8205) for the Current turn around especially since this is a holiday week end.