Networkin Help Needed For Hiqnet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 roysnor

roysnor
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 10:13 AM

well have decided on the following, for our rental setup mainly consisting of JBL SRX700 series and VRX900 Series speakers.

6 nos of Crown Itech 6000
4nos of Crown Itech 4000
4nos of Crown Itech 8000
8-10 nos of Crown XTi 4000
1-2nos. DBX Driverack 4800

we need to wireless control all of the following with Hiqnet from a Tablet PC

please suggest all that is necessary. including the best Router and the possible accesories,

any help will be much appreciated. smile.gif

Regards

Royston

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:47 AM

For the ITech's since they are Ethernet this will not be much of an issue as just about any Wireless Router will work. I have used both the Netgear and Linksys units with great success. However most of these devices only come with up to 5 switch ports so you will need to add on an appropriately sized switch to accommodate the extra needed Ethernet ports.
The other alternative is to use a WAP (Wireless Access Point) and an appropriately sized switch to accommodate the total number of needed ports. A WAP is just the wireless portion of a Wireless Router and in this case you will probably not be using the router side anyways and it may be the better way to go.

As for the XTi amps they are USB devices and as such are not directly Ethernet controllable. We have had one person, here on the Forum, recommend the use of the Silex SX2000WG wireless USB device but others on the Forum and myself have not had much success being able to make that device work.
This is not to say you cannot get the XTi amps to be controlled and monitored over Ethernet. There is a wired Ethernet device made by Digi/Inside Out Networks called the “AnwhereUSB” that will do wired Ethernet to USB. We have found it works pretty reliably. However….. it has not been tested in combination with a Wireless Router or WAP and switch. If I can get some time this week I will try and test the AnywhereUSB over a wireless connection to see if it will work or not.

#3 roysnor

roysnor
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:14 AM

it will be of great help if you could try out the anywhere usb along with the itech on a switch and let me know if they can be controlled as this will make my life easier as to buying the right products, i had thought of purchasing the Netgear 108mbps router and maybe add a powered 16 port switch to it and then direct connect the itechs to the 16 port switch along with having a connection of the anywhere usb,,,,,,,, please do let me know if this configuration works well since i can then get the enitre system talking wirelessly to system architect including the driverack and the amps..........

regards

Royston

QUOTE(DGlass @ Nov 13 2006, 08:17 PM)
For the ITech's since they are Ethernet this will not be much of an issue as just about any Wireless Router will work. I have used both the Netgear and Linksys units with great success. However most of these devices only come with up to 5 switch ports so you will need to add on an appropriately sized switch to accommodate the extra needed Ethernet ports.
The other alternative is to use a WAP (Wireless Access Point) and an appropriately sized switch to accommodate the total number of needed ports. A WAP is just the wireless portion of a Wireless Router and in this case you will probably not be using the router side anyways and it may be the better way to go.

As for the XTi amps they are USB devices and as such are not directly Ethernet controllable. We have had one person, here on the Forum, recommend the use of the Silex SX2000WG wireless USB device but others on the Forum and myself have not had much success being able to make that device work.
This is not to say you cannot get the XTi amps to be controlled and monitored over Ethernet. There is a wired Ethernet device made by Digi/Inside Out Networks called the “AnwhereUSB” that will do wired Ethernet to USB. We have found it works pretty reliably. However….. it has not been tested in combination with a Wireless Router or WAP and switch. If I can get some time this week I will try and test the AnywhereUSB over a wireless connection to see if it will work or not.