• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 jimfox

jimfox
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 11:20 AM

Hi David,
              one of my Itech 4000 amps has a problem, sometimes when I switch it on the screen is Blank. The blue light is on but no writing on the screen.
I switch off the power button and then try it again after a few try s the writing is there and I proceed to do the gig with no problem. Should I send it back, or do you know how I can fix it myself.
  Getting on well with the JBL VRX pa now, people are very impressed with its clarity and full sound.
      Kind Regards,
                             Jim.

#2 jgriggs

jgriggs
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 09:14 AM

How old to you is this unit?

What version of firmware is installed?

Did this start after upgrading firmware?

Is there anything that comes to mind that makes this problem more consistent?
- Heat?
- Leaving the unit off for a long time before powering up?
- ....?

Thanks,
Jon

#3 jimfox

jimfox
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE(jgriggs @ Nov 3 2006, 09:14 AM)
How old to you is this unit?

What version of firmware is installed?

Did this start after upgrading firmware?

Is there anything that comes to mind that makes this problem more consistent?
- Heat?
- Leaving the unit off for a long time before powering up?
- ....?

Thanks,
Jon
View Post

I have never plug a computer into the amp, so it must be the firmware that the factory had in it.
  I have 6 Itech amps in total bought the 1st one Nov 2005 and the last one in June 2006 not sure when I got the one that has blank screen problem.
Heat would not be a issue, It always happens when switching on from cold.
The units would be off for weeks at a time, mainly used at weekends.
    To be honest I am apprehensive about plugging in a lap top, I dont know enough about programming these digital amps.
The light weight and the power is what I like. Of coarse I do think the amps could be used more efficiantly. But its very hard to get simple straight forward advice on such new produts.
  I use Driveracks to controlle system. But at the launch was told external controllers were not needed. But because the amp was always peaking I opted to play safe and use the DBX driverack.
  The use of this unit gave me more sound and stopped the red lights coming on the amp. I do not drive the desk hard and am a long time doing sound and putting systems together.
  Have you came across the blank screen before ?
If it happenend every time it was switched on the problem may be easy to fix.
But if you think its a firmware issue maybe I could reload a new one.
     Thanks Jim.

#4 TJSmith

TJSmith
  • Crown Staff
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:59 AM

Jim

Thanks for posting your question.  The engineering team was recently made aware of this strange behavior and has spent some time over the past two weeks attempting to reproduce it.  So far we have not been successful.

What we do know is that it appears the default value for the contrast is errantly getting set to 0% upon power up.  Until we can resolve this bug the contrast can be reset to the default value of 33% by:

1) Press menu/exit
2) Turn either encoder clockwise until you can read 33%.
3) Press menu/exit

Your experience is valuable as we try to resolve this issue.  Can you answer the following questions?

1)  What is the serial number of the unit(s) of interest?  
2)  What is the firmware revision for the USP3T and display?  (This information can be found in the "monitor" menu.)

Once again, thanks for posting.  If you have any additional questions or concerns please feel free to contact me via phone through tech support.

TJ Smith
Program Manager XTi/CDi/DSi, ITECH