Crown I-tech 4000 issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 inthemix22

inthemix22
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:40 AM

I am having a problem with my I-tech 4000 where at the beggining of a job (Mobile Dj) I hear some distortion and then a loud pop...After the pop I hear nothing...Then a few minutes later it will start again...The cycle lasts for about 20-30 seconds....I also own an i-tech 6000 and tried running that with the exact same components and had no problem...If there is an issue with the amp am I able to take it to a crown service center...ex Davidson electronics...Or does the am have to be shipped back to crown....I am a mobile dj and can't be without an amp for more than a few days......

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE(inthemix22 @ Oct 30 2006, 09:40 AM)
I am having a problem with my I-tech 4000 where at the beggining of a job (Mobile Dj) I hear some distortion and then a loud pop...After the pop I hear nothing...Then a few minutes later it will start again...The cycle lasts for about 20-30 seconds....I also own an i-tech 6000 and tried running that with the exact same components and had no problem...If there is an issue with the amp am I able to take it to a crown service center...ex Davidson electronics...Or does the am have to be shipped back to crown....I am a mobile dj and can't be without an amp for more than a few days......
View Post

You can take it to a service center like Davidson or any other Crown Certified Warranty Service Center and they should be able to work on it. In some cases even sooner than we might be able to.

#3 inthemix22

inthemix22
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Oct 30 2006, 11:20 AM)
View Post

You can take it to a service center like Davidson or any other Crown Certified Warranty Service Center and they should be able to work on it. In some cases even sooner than we might be able to.
View Post

Any idea of what it can be....There is a good chance I am not going to be able to bring it in this week....I just want to make sure that I am going to be ok for the weekend...This has been happening for quite a while now and only seems to happen in the very beggining of having the amp running...

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE(inthemix22 @ Oct 30 2006, 07:21 PM)
QUOTE(DGlass @ Oct 30 2006, 11:20 AM)
View Post

View Post

Any idea of what it can be....There is a good chance I am not going to be able to bring it in this week....I just want to make sure that I am going to be ok for the weekend...This has been happening for quite a while now and only seems to happen in the very beggining of having the amp running...
View Post

It would be very hard to say the exact cause of the issue without it being benched.